SUBSCRIBE

Print & Digital

• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: Republic Act No. 9178 or the BMBE (Barangay Micro Business Enterprise)  (Read 58907 times)

Jenex Enterprises

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
    • Jenex Call Center
Re: Republic Act No. 9178 or the BMBE (Barangay Micro Business Enterprise)
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »
Applicable din ba ito if your business is renting out commercial spaces and apartments?

Thanks

RGopez

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2006, 08:57:28 PM »
Sir ano pong puedeng gawin kung ayaw i acknowledge ng municipal ang law na ito? 

What municipality? What have they told you?

Kung may opisina kayong dapat puntahan sa LGU, dapat sa Treasurer's office. Baka ibang opisina napag-tanungan ninyo.

The bmbe law specifically states that an applicant is deemed registered after 15 days of submission of complete documentary requirements - whether the local treasurer acts upon it or not. (Therefore, they would have to reject your application first otherwise, automatic BMBE ka na).

If you still have problems, contact your local DTI office. They usually have liaison officers who can help you regarding bmbe matters.

Isa pong municipality sa pampanga.... 

Anyways... Marami pong salamat sa mga info.

Artemia Melynn Limjap

• Novice
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »
I am now waiting for BIR Pasay to give me my Certificate of Registration na cancelled na yung Income Tax ko. First, they told me na idedeny daw nila yung request ko kasi hindi daw ako micro-based and barangay based. That they were given a new guideline daw. I tried contesting that kasi the minimum requirement is that the asset of the business should be less than Php 3M. Well, good thing, ni-reconsider. Yun nga lang, antagal pa rin ng BIR.

Artemia Melynn Limjap

• Novice
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2006, 11:46:15 AM »
I received a PM regarding the BMBE. Share ko lang po:

The PM:

Good Morning Po,

Gusto ko din po mag apply ng BMBE, tanong ko lang po:

1. Ano po hiningi nila na requirement
2. After niyo matanggap ung certificate galing sa treasurers office, ano po susunod na g@g@win?
3. Ibig pag sabhin nito hindi na natin kelanagn mag file ng income tax and hindi na din kelanagn mag pagawa ng OR or mag bigay ng OR sa mga customers?

Kung ok lng po pwede ko po ba tanong kung ano po business niyo bakit sabi nila na hindi daw pwede sa BMBE.

====
My reply:

Medyo nalate ko na nabasa yung post ni Gabs kaya medyo madaming requirements na hiningi sa akin. Kasi may sinasabi si Gabs na pag less than Php300,000 ang capital mo, two requirements lang ang kailangan, which is the DTI and the Mayor's Permit.

Pero in my case ito yung mga hininging requirements ng Treasurer's Office ng Pasay (minention na rin ito ni Jepys sa thread sa first part):

1.) Registration as a business entity or enterprise from the appropriate government agency (e.g., Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration in the case of corporation, partnership or association; Cooperatives Development Authority (CDA) registration in case of cooperative; Department  of Trade and Industry (DTI) business name registration in the case of sole proprietorship);

2) Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN);

3) Certificate of Registration from the Bureau of Internal Revenue;

4) Mayor's Permit or City/Municipal Business Permit;

5) Sworn affidavit executed by the sole proprietor or the President of the enterprise, as the case may be, that the enterprise is barangay-based and micro-business in nature and scope, in substantially the form attached as Annex "A";

6) Sworn Statement of Assets and  Liabilities showing the values of assets owned and to be used in the conduct of business, whick shall be supported by pertinent information such as the date of acquisition cost and depreciated value. I the case of asset acquiredduring the year of registration, it shall be supported by any of the following:

6.1) invoice
            6.2) official receipt
            6.3) contract document of deed

7) Pictures of the place of business and it's assets, other than cash, receivables and intangibles;

8)Copy of Loan Contract/s, if any, and Duly-Notarized Certification of Amortization Payments on the loan; and

9) Income Tax Return (ITR) with proof that it has been duly filed with the BIR, including attachments, if any, (for an existing business only).

Pero ang binigay ko lang is 1-7 dahil wala naman akong 8-9.

To answer your question #2, ganito ang magiging process nyan:
1. DTI
2. Mayor's Permit (madami din requirements ang mayor's permit)
3. BIR (for issuance of Certificate of Registration)
4. City/Municipal Treasurer's Office for BMBE Registration (dito issubmit yung mga requirements)
5. BIR uli for the Cancellation of Income Tax in your current Cert of Registration (papafill-upin kayo ng form 1905) dahil BMBE Registered ka na. Pero BIR also requires almost the same requirements na hiningi ng City Treasurers Office. Plus Audited Financial Statement or Account Information  (form 1701) or its equivalent.

For your question #3:
Kapag registered ka na as BMBE sa BIR, you will be exempted from paying the income tax. Pero ifile mo pa rin yun, yun nga lang ang ilalagay mo sa form is that you are exempted.
You will still need to print ORs kasi hindi lang naman income tax ang binabayaran natin sa BIR. For my case, in my first COR, ang taxes ko is percentage tax of 3% and income tax. Now that i'm registering as BMBE with BIR, magbabayad pa rin ako ng 3% tax pero maeexempt na ako sa income tax.
===

In addition, kaya ko nalaman ang BMBE was thru the book of Marlo Sanchez, "Be Smart! Start & Manage Your Own Business. A Smart & Practical Guide for New Entrepreneurs". You might also be interested to check out on the book. Nandito din yung mga steps on how to register your own business.
Medyo mahirap din talaga pag nasa process ka na ng pagreregister. Pinakabureaucratic ang pagregister ng Mayor's Permit. Dahil madaming requirements talaga.

Sa BMBE application ko sa City Treasurer's Office, ok naman kasi the people are knowledgeable of this law, exept that, gaya ko, hindi din ata sila updated doon sa requirements pag ang assets mo is below Php300,000 which Gabs discussed in the start of the thread.  I guess kung nalaman ko din ito kaagad, mas napadali siguro ang application ko. Hehehe..

Gabs and Jeyps, curious lang po ako, saan ang source nyo noong BMBE requirements simplified February 01, 2006?

Yun namang BIR dito sa Pasay, mukhang the staff are not yet knowledgeable about BMBE kaya yung initial reaction nila noong nagtatanong ako sa kanila ng requirements for BMBE, ang sabi nila sa akin, "Ano yun?"
Buti na lang I got a printout of the Republic Act No. 9178 or the BMBE (Barangay Micro Business Enterprise) noong pumunta ako sa kanila and then they looked into their kodigos at ayun, nabigyan ako ng list of requirements.

Now I have submitted the requirements sa BIR, antagal din nila umaksyon. Sinabihan pa ako noong una na idedeny daw yung application ko kasi hindi daw ako micro-based and barangay based. That they were given a new guideline daw. I tried contesting that and i read to them the definition ng BMBE as stated in Sec. 3 of the RA 9178.

Hay... Eto naghihintay parin ako kung kelan pipirmahan ng Director ng Pasay BIR yung application ko for cancellation of income tax. One month nang nakatengga yung papers ko sa BIR.  ???

kriz

• Novice
    • ttp://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb216/trishadanes10/?action=view&current=Jan_and_tita1.jpg
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2006, 02:01:41 PM »
Gabs and Jeyps, curious din po ako kung saan ang source nyo noong BMBE requirements simplified February 01, 2006?

I tried to register with BMBE in April 2003, the same time I started to put up my biz and they have 6 reqt's then:

a.  filled-up application form (BMBE Form 01) in triplicate
b.  3 passport size ID pics
c.  xerox copy of SEC/ DTI permit
d.  location sketch of the biz
e.  business/mayor's permit
f.   payment of Php1000.00

... and I was able to complete those reqt's in a month's time kaya lang when I came back to QC-BMBE ofc to submit them, me addt'l reqt's like BIR and I couldn't do anything but complied...but then when I came back after a few weeks (di naman kasi ganon kadali ayusin yung sa BIR kasi I used to be employed & sa ibang place pa) me nadagdag na naman like yung affidavit of sole proprietorship, financial statement & another one na nakalimutan ko na, I was so pissed off so tinigil ko na. It was really a waste of time. But thank God, my biz still does exists even w/o the help from BMBE.

"Many people doubt their ability, but few have any misgivings about their importance."

glean

• Novice
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »
Sir Gabs, tanong ko lng po kasi po magtatayo pa lang po ako ng i cafe.. kung registered na po ako sa BMBE... May kailangan pa ba akong i-submit na mga requirements sa BIR?

thank you po.. :)

airwind

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »
Sir Gabs, tanong ko lng po kasi po magtatayo pa lang po ako ng i cafe.. kung registered na po ako sa BMBE... May kailangan pa ba akong i-submit na mga requirements sa BIR?

thank you po.. :)

You need to go back to BIR to surrender  your old Certificate of Registration (CoR) and they would have to issue a new CoR. This time, there should be no income tax under registered activities.

psyfred

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2006, 11:24:06 PM »
You might want to read this article. (Government eases BMBE certificate requirements.)  Just click the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.pia.gov.ph/news.asp?fi=p061025.htm&no=61

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2006, 12:49:11 PM »
Gurus,

Just a Question. any business can apply sa BMBE basta less than 3M Asset nila?

for example a computer shop? salon?

Tanx

kennyjunkie

• Novice
  • barbecuen medtech
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2006, 12:26:22 AM »
hello po! ask ko nman po required po and ipa-register ko ang small time tapsihan sa BMBE? and if ever n nka-register nko required po b n kaltasan ko ng SSS and/or tax ang salary ng employees ko?  ??? d p din kc ako msyadong familiar sa minimun wage law.  :-[ cguro mga 3-4 na tao lng ang ihhire ko. pls help nman po. tnx po!   ;)
the more you know and shooting star.

wilhelmrillera

• Novice
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2007, 04:17:57 PM »
ask ko lang po kung BMBE registered na madali na rin po bang makakuha ng loans? sa mga government agencies? o me financial support din ito pls. reply?
thanks

yangskie

• Novice
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »
good pm po

i would just like to ask if grillhouses can avail of BMBe? kasi i consulted our municipal treasurer and she said that since our line of business sis grillhouse-restaurant,we cannot avail of the BMbe. kindly send some clarification. additional info po pala, we got 4 small satellite stores (bbq stands) in town. can we avail?

thanks

yangskie

• Novice
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »
hello po

pahabol po ito.

i got 2 friends po kasi. ang line of business ng isang friend ko is a computer shop-encoding and printing lang, she has 5-7 computers. ang isang friend ko po naman ang line of business ng family is to copra buyer. can they avail of bmbe na rin? medyo hindi po kasi ako familiar sa mga biz na pwedeng mag.avail sa BMbe. hope anyone here can answer my questions. thank u!

luckybaker

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
Re: Updates on BMBE
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
Hi co-entreps esp to Sir Gabby who initiated this thread! Do you have any update on the status of BMBE? A staff of DTI told me last year that it was temporarily suspended pending review and approval of concerned government bodies. The year has already started at renewal na naman ng mga permits, an update on this will surely benefit us all small and micro entreps. Thanks!

Gabriel John Rimando

• Novice
  • "You create your own universe as you go along"
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2007, 12:02:46 PM »
so pwedeng mag-apply to sa aking g@g@waing laundry/water refilling station, or say an i cafe perhaps?

hi nagawa mo na ba yung laundry/water refilling station mo? puwede humingi ng tips pano mapalaki ito? meron din kasi akong water station kaso bago palang at hindi pa ganun kalakas.

thanks po