Pointers for putting up a laundry shop:
1. Look for the location where there's a captured market. That way, it would be easier for the business to pick up, rather than compete with those already in the vicinity.
2. initial investment is around 350k, maganda na laundry mo nun, make an allowance for maintenance of your shop habang wala pang masyadong customers.
3. You can start with 2 pairs of washer angd drier, para if one bogs down, you have a back up. Buy only brand new..2nd hand are sakit ng ulo,brand new has a warranty. Buy also a single tub, 6 kilo capacity for smaller items.
4. Train your staff on how to operate machines, and how to do the laundry to avoid damage on customer's clothes,which you should totally avoid.
5. Develop a system that can easily check the inventories of everything, from your stock of detergent, softener up to those unclaimed laundries.
6. Make your price competitive but not too low. If your service is good, customers will come to you even if you have a higher price than the other shops.
7. ROI should come within 6 to 8 months depending on the flow, mine was 6 months.
8. Mark up should be 50-60% depending on your pricing, but for dry clean I make more than a 100%.
9. Yan muna, others are trade secrets already,