• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: Securing License to Operate (LTO) with BFAD  (Read 5338 times)

third

• Novice
Securing License to Operate (LTO) with BFAD
« on: March 15, 2007, 01:42:21 pm »
Hello.  I am interested in entering into wholesale distribution of pharmaceutical goods and have been told that I must secure a license to operate with BFAD. 

Can someone please tell me more about the process?  I know that I will need to hire a licensed pharmacist, file some forms, and submit to warehouse inspection.  Does anyone know how long this will take?  Are there any complications or potential issues that I should know about?

Thank you.

Third

chris lim

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
Re: Securing License to Operate (LTO) with BFAD
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 03:49:20 pm »
call me 09208865651

edwin_edwin30

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:21:27 pm »

This is the site where you can get full details of your inquiry (bfad.gov.ph).
They are more competent to handle your inquiry.

edwin_edwin30@yahoo.com

third

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:26:27 pm »
Thank you for your responses.  Can anyone who has been through the process before shed some light on my questions.  Thanks.

Third

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:23:25 am »
Hello,

BFAD has recently computerized their operations, and so, you will not have to go to their office to fill up forms.   Their website claims that it will take only a few weeks to get the full LTO, but in the end, it will really depend on how fast they can send their representative to inspect your facility.   Typically, this will take anywhere between 2 weeks to 9 months.   You will need to constantly follow this up so that action can be made.

If you are not familiar with the BFAD requirements for pharma, you may need to hire someone to help you, specially in the planning stages so that you can minimize the necessary costly changes and help you with the documentary requirements for GMP, Traceability, etc.

Cheers!

Gerel
Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices
www.foodthinktank.com

Join the FoodBytes Forum!

third

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 07:25:03 pm »
Thanks for your, response Gerel.  It's very helpful.  Would you have any idea about the going rate for a BFAD liaison who can assist with securing the LTO and managing the process of acquiring a CPR?

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 08:33:21 pm »
Hello third,

It really depends on the situation and the deal that you will strike with the Liaison.  I am not sure with Pharma, but when we assist for food businesses, we usually get between PhP5,000 to PhP15,000 plus documentary expenses depending on the situation.   If your business do not have much of a problem, I suggest that you run the papers yourself.

Cheers!

Gerel
Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices
www.foodthinktank.com

Join the FoodBytes Forum!

agsb_marketing

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Industrial partner
    • FrequenSea Philippines
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 01:15:44 pm »
Thanks for your, response Gerel.  It's very helpful.  Would you have any idea about the going rate for a BFAD liaison who can assist with securing the LTO and managing the process of acquiring a CPR?

I guess it's good to have a liason ( pharmacist on a retainer basis) to assist you. Definitely, BFAD requires a pharmacist since your business is drug related ( i've heard it's a good business 'coz of good mark-up).. there are licensed pharmacist who accepts part-time (retainer)... simply means, she/he  will represents your company during registration/ processing of documents with BFAD.
" Health is wealth" and Destiny is a matter of choice..http://www.myforevergreen.org/560299

bhertlpz

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:14 pm »
Gusto ko lang sana follow-up sa topic. What if I want to set-up a wholesale business (instant powder drink i.e. juice, ice tea, coffee with supplemental additives) and hindi ako ang mag-mamanufacture. Do I need to register my product/s with BFAD kung BFAD registered naman ang toll manufacturer ko?