• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: how to transport chocolate..  (Read 2034 times)

lil_miss0719

• Novice
how to transport chocolate..
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:05:56 pm »
hi.. i sell homemade chocolates and there are customers who ask me if i can deliver to the visayas or mindnao region... could you recommend any carrier? i was thinking of air21, lbc, etc.. but i dont think they cater to food products.. tnx..  :)

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
Re: how to transport chocolate..
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 05:03:33 am »
Hello,

Most carriers will transport chocolates but you must package them in such a way that they will survive any rough handlings.   Depending on the volume, you can use the different boxes provided by the carrier.  Fedex (Air21), DHL and LBC usually takes them, but will insist that you put them in resilient packaging.

Cheers!

Gerel
Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices
www.foodthinktank.com

Join the FoodBytes Forum!

maneki_neko

• Taipan
  • I'm in the desert making desserts .... ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:50:38 am »
Hindi ako sure kung makakarating in good form ang chocolates.  Masyadong mainit ang panahon natin.  Hindi siya totally matutunaw pero I'm sure lalambot yan.  I haven't tried sending to provinces pero dito palang sa Manila ingat na ingat ako pag nag d-deliver ako dati ng chocolates.  Lalo na yong molded chocolates. 

Dapat siguro ang packaging mo tulad nong mga imported na pati plastic holder meron mga shape.  Aside pa sa box. 
"The secret to success is innovation.  You have to be different.  Always aspire to do more and do better." -  Jose Cobarrubias, Sr. (Father of the Local Hotel Industry)

For food (biz) enthusiasts, suppliers, etc.
http://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/board/index.php?topic

lil_miss0719

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 11:50:37 pm »
san po nkkabili ng mga ganung lalagyan? thnks.. can you recommend anything that i can add to the chocolate pra masmtagal magmelt? thnks alot..  :)

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 11:58:23 am »
Hello,

You can add more sugar to your chocolate or modified starch so that you can increase the dissolved solid content.  Generally, the more dissolved solids you have in chocolate, the higher the melting point up to a certain limit.

Cheers!

Gerel
Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices
www.foodthinktank.com

maneki_neko

• Taipan
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 06:38:16 pm »
san po nkkabili ng mga ganung lalagyan? thnks.. can you recommend anything that i can add to the chocolate pra masmtagal magmelt? thnks alot..  :)

Kung maramihan na talaga ang production mo puede ka ng magpasadya ng sarili mong packaging.  Lowest ata na requirement 1000 pcs.  Try to contact yong mga nasa packaging business dito sa forum. Baka may idea pa sila on transporting of chocolates. 
"The secret to success is innovation.  You have to be different.  Always aspire to do more and do better." -  Jose Cobarrubias, Sr. (Father of the Local Hotel Industry)

lil_miss0719

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:44 pm »
thnks guys.. big help yung mga post nyo..  :)

lil_miss0719

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 11:56:33 pm »
another question po.. this week gumawa ulit ako ng chocolate.. nung nilabas ko ung chocol8 sa frig after a while nagmmoist sya.. e dati gumawa ako d naman ganun.. bkit po kya? need help..  :)

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 12:52:53 am »
Hello,

Moisture is coming from the condensation of air around the chocolate, much like the water condensing from a cold glass of water.  This is normal, but the chocolate has to be handled with minimum temperature changes to protect the quality and the flavors.

Share your recipes and ask your questions at the FoodBytes Forum! (http://forum.foodbytesinfoservices.com)

Cheers!

Gerel
Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices
www.foodthinktank.com

maneki_neko

• Taipan
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 04:45:14 pm »
another question po.. this week gumawa ulit ako ng chocolate.. nung nilabas ko ung chocol8 sa frig after a while nagmmoist sya.. e dati gumawa ako d naman ganun.. bkit po kya? need help..  :)

Hindi mo lang siguro napapansin yon noon dahil malamig ang panahon.  Ngayon kasi iba ang weather natin kaya lumalabas kagad ang moisture.  Natural yon kasi galing sa ref.  Medyo patuyuin mo bago mo isara ang kahon or bago mo i-package.