• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: HELP: BIR Inquiry for new (small) biz  (Read 27816 times)

tyhns

• Novice
  • biz-minded momsie
    • my site
HELP: BIR Inquiry for new (small) biz
« on: August 14, 2007, 05:49:43 pm »
Hi to everyone, im not very familiar po kase on BIR rulings i hope someone could enlighten me and give me infos i need.  I decided to get a store space po infront of a school this june lang.  the store was just like a retailer of school supplies and ofcourse my reloading biz na rin.  sometime in july my store was tax mapped and included in my violations were failure to register, failure to pay annual registration fee, no notice to the public & cert of registrattion displayed, failure to keep book of accounts, etc. 

When i went to BIR, they are requiring me to pay the total of P7000 para sa penalties ko raw and i need to register. wala naman po akong maayos na mapagtanungan dito sa BIR so naguguluhan ako.

un po bang small store are really required to register with BIR? if so, then this means po na i have to issue reciepts? i need to have book of accounts? example a P6 ballpen or a P30 load, i need to issue receipt po? then what receipt will i need to issue, OR or SI? What will be the taxes that i need to pay now to BIR?

please help.
I can assist you in having your own loading station.
I can help you with your travel requirements.

"What you are is a gift from God, what you have become is your gift to God."

tyhns

• Novice
  • biz-minded momsie
    • my site
Re: HELP: BIR Inquiry for new (small) biz
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:47:13 am »
please help

Pedro Penduko

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 01:05:04 pm »
 hello,

Its SOP to register your business before you start your operation, BIR will surely penalize you, so para smooth ang business mo and if you want to stay long in this business you should comply with all the requirements.

every sale should be issued with official receipts, cguro exceptions yung small sale, like yong load,, may tax na kasi sa telco yan kaya pwedeng wag mo ng issuahan ng recibo..pero pag may recibo kasi you can monitor your daily sales lalo na pag hindi ikaw nagbabantay.

for more of your questions just PM me okey..

Moisessb

tyhns

• Novice
  • biz-minded momsie
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:47:34 am »
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

after ko mag register, what will be my monthly obligations to BIR? i mean what taxes do i have to pay from thereon?

Pedro Penduko

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 04:03:06 pm »
  yup..depende sa registration mo..if vat registered ka kailangan mo mag submit ng vat return every month and quarterly..income tax quarterly. also kailangan mo ng mayor's permit din..

register with the ff..

BIR
Mayor's permit
DTI or SEC depende sa form ng business..i mean sole or corp.

basta pag okey ka na lahat sa kanila wala ka n PROBLEMA.

moisessb

tyhns

• Novice
  • biz-minded momsie
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 09:35:27 am »
thanks po for the info.

chinky

• Full time entrepreneur
    • De Los Reyes & Co., CPAs
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:50:39 pm »
Hi to everyone, im not very familiar po kase on BIR rulings i hope someone could enlighten me and give me infos i need.  I decided to get a store space po infront of a school this june lang.  the store was just like a retailer of school supplies and ofcourse my reloading biz na rin.  sometime in july my store was tax mapped and included in my violations were failure to register, failure to pay annual registration fee, no notice to the public & cert of registrattion displayed, failure to keep book of accounts, etc. 

When i went to BIR, they are requiring me to pay the total of P7000 para sa penalties ko raw and i need to register. wala naman po akong maayos na mapagtanungan dito sa BIR so naguguluhan ako.

un po bang small store are really required to register with BIR? if so, then this means po na i have to issue reciepts? i need to have book of accounts? example a P6 ballpen or a P30 load, i need to issue receipt po? then what receipt will i need to issue, OR or SI? What will be the taxes that i need to pay now to BIR?

please help.

Hi! Actually, medyo maliit pa nga siguro yung penalties na nakuha mo compared to other business establishments na na-tax mapped na rin.

According to our National Internal Revenue Code (NIRC), taxable po ang income natin and yes, required po tayo na magregister sa BIR before any business operations.

The first thing that you should do is to register with DTI for your trade name. Tapos, pupunta po kayo sa City Hall to get a Mayor's Permit. Pag nasecure nyo na po ang DTI at Mayor's Permit, then you can now go to the BIR to pay your penalties and to register your business.

Yes, you have to have a set of books of accounts and you have to update this every now and then. About the receipts, well yes, you have to issue receipts. But I don't think that you still have to issue receipts for those autoloads. And for one thing, ang "trick" kasi dito ay kung hindi naman humingi ng receipt ang customer mo, eh why would you offer to give one. Pag nag-issue kasi tayo ng receipt, ibig sabihin may income (kasi part ito ng sales mo diba po?) and since may income, ibig sabihin ay we have to remit more taxes. Kaya nga kung mapapansin nyo sa mga establishments, nakakabit yung mga "Ask for a Receipt" signs nila or "Notice to the Public" (pero old version na ito), para ipaalam sa mga customers natin na humingi ng resibo para maayos din ang cycle ng remittances ng tax ng mga establishments.

If you decide to have a POS system, on the other hand, as per BIR Ruling, you also have to register your POS system.

After nyo po maayos ang mga licenses at registrations nyo, then you will have to submit yourself to more tax responsibilities.

If you will be registered as a Non-VAT taxpayer, you will have to file monthly percentage taxes. This is 3% of your gross income every month. Saan naka-base ang gross income? Sa mga receipts na na-issue po natin for the whole month. Second, if you are renting, you will also have to file Monthly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (Expanded). This is 5% of your rental fee. If you have employees, SOP din po na dapat ay may SSS, Philhealth at Pag-Ibig sila and you will also have to file Monthly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (Compensation). Aside from these, meron din po tayo finafile quarterly and finally, yung annual income tax return.

If you will be registered as a VAT taxpayer, you will have to submit VAT returns every month plus the Expanded and Compensation taxes I've mentioned above, plus the quarterly and the annual income tax return.

Every year, nagrerenew din po tayo ng Mayor's Permit at BIR.

O diba, medyo madugo po talaga ang mag-business sa Pilipinas.

Just in case you will encounter any problems and you'll be needing assistance and services, you may contact us 3651937 / 0917-6243777 De Los Reyes and Associates Auditing Firm. Please look for Mr. Ricky De Los Reyes or you may simply just look for me, Chinky.

Good luck to your endeavors!

tyhns

• Novice
  • biz-minded momsie
    • my site
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 02:23:23 pm »
chinky,

thank you very much for your clear explanation.  mejo naiintindihan ko na po ang mga dapat kong gawin.  isa na lang tanong ko, ano po ang dapat kong i-issue sa customer OR or SI? And this will be the basis of my gross sales right?

by the way yoong auditing firm ba ninyo where is it located?  kase im also working  and the company im working with is nasa setting up stage pa lang, would u mind sending me a proposal baka we may consider ur company to handle our account.  Mejo mataas kase un fee ng nirefer sa akin na accountant tapos di ako satisfied don sa ginawa nyang work sa dati kong pinag-work an na company.

my email ad is ms.tyhns@gmail.com

chinky

• Full time entrepreneur
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 03:10:17 pm »
Hi! In your case po, sa malamang po ay Non-VAT registration ang mangyari since it is only a small retailing outlet. Hence, ang babayaran po natin every month ay Percentage Tax which is the 3% of your gross sales. Ang gagamitin po natin ay OR and technically (like what the other forumer told you po), you should issue OR for sales above P25.

Our accounting firm, Mario Enrique A. De Los Reyes and Associates
Certified Public Accountants, is located at Quezon City and we handle clients all over Luzon.

We have been accredited for two years now:
Philippine Institute of Certified Public Acountants (PICPA)
Board of Accountancy (BOA)
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
Cooperative Development Authority (CDA)

***As Per BIR Ruling, a P20,000 penalty will be fined to those who transact with non-accredited CPAs.

Our service fee depends on how big (or small) your business is and the scope of work to be done to the entity.

You may reach us through 365-1937 or 0917-6243777 for all your inquiries regarding our services. Kindly please look for Mr. Ricky De Los Reyes or you may simply look for me or text me 0916-7683588.

About the engagement proposal po, I always advise people to set-up a meeting first with my father before any written contract. Alam po namin na marami pa po kayong gustong itanong at malaman. My father would gladly explain and answer some questions in your mind. Wala naman pong commitment pag nakipagmeeting po. Mag-uusap lang po tayo. If you'll decide and be interested in our services later on after we've met, then that's the time that we talk about contracts and proposals.  :)

l_neveph

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 05:41:27 pm »
hi to anyone hu have idea about my concner pls help..
 im confused then with what to pay sa bir monthly..ive just recently opened a franchise of zagu inside d mall, we fall po under non vat..how about ung witholding tax?what's that for?
tapos dba my book of acounts po wherein dun nkasulat ung daily sales mo, dpat po ba yan din yung basehan mo during renewal of busines permit wherein u will be asked about d gross sales? a lot of people i know advised me not to declare d exact sale since sa bir lang dn dw mapupunta lahat yan, tama po ba?and one more thing, ung amount ng receipt na inisyu nu un dn po ba basehan sa ilalagay sa book of acounts?
tnk u po..i realy have no idea about these things that's y i realy want to join seminars sana regarndg bir obligatins.. :)tnx!

chinky

• Full time entrepreneur
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 11:06:03 pm »
hi to anyone hu have idea about my concner pls help..
 im confused then with what to pay sa bir monthly..ive just recently opened a franchise of zagu inside d mall, we fall po under non vat..how about ung witholding tax?what's that for?
tapos dba my book of acounts po wherein dun nkasulat ung daily sales mo, dpat po ba yan din yung basehan mo during renewal of busines permit wherein u will be asked about d gross sales? a lot of people i know advised me not to declare d exact sale since sa bir lang dn dw mapupunta lahat yan, tama po ba?and one more thing, ung amount ng receipt na inisyu nu un dn po ba basehan sa ilalagay sa book of acounts?
tnk u po..i realy have no idea about these things that's y i realy want to join seminars sana regarndg bir obligatins.. :)tnx!

hi everyone! pasintabi lang po kay thread starter kasi po this is another concern...anyway...

If you fall under non-vat, as i've said po in my previous posts, your monthly obligation is to pay 3% of your gross sales. Example, nakabenta ka ng 1000 in a month, then your monthly percentage tax would be 1000 multiplied by 3% and that is 30 pesos.

Yung witholding tax po, dalawa po yan. Isa para sa expanded at isa para sa compensation. If you are renting (and probably you are), witholding tax - expanded po ang tawag sa tax na reremit nyo with the bir. The law requires a lessee to withhold and remit to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) five percent (5%) of the rental due the lessor, by way of advance payment of the latter's income tax liability.

At kung may tao kayo or staff or employee (like your salesgirl, for example), witholding tax - compensation naman po ito.

Every month po ang filing natin ng mga nasabing taxes.

Makikita nyo sa bir registration certificate nyo kung anong witholding tax ang kailangan nyo bayaran.

Lahat po ng naka-issue natin na receipts ay dapat recorded sa cash receipts books. At ang pinaka-total po dito ang ating magiging total gross sales.

You might be interested with our services or in any case, you just want to inquire...

Mario Enrique A. De Los Reyes and Associates
Certified Public Accountants

We are located at Quezon City and we handle clients all over Luzon.

We have been accredited for two years now:
Philippine Institute of Certified Public Acountants (PICPA)
Board of Accountancy (BOA)
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
Cooperative Development Authority (CDA)

***As Per BIR Ruling, a P20,000 penalty will be fined to those who transact with non-accredited CPAs.

Our service fee depends on how big (or small) your business is and the scope of work to be done to the entity.

You may reach us through 365-1937 or 0917-6243777 for all your inquiries regarding our services. Kindly please look for Mr. Ricky De Los Reyes or you may simply look for me or text me 0927-3423483.

karlajanel

• Novice
    • link to my F-A-B online shop! :)
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 08:35:50 pm »
napakadugo....

question po.. meron bang certain time na kailangan makapagregister sa BIR once naregister mo yung name mo sa DTI?

zhanne8

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 02:59:35 pm »
How about if ur going to change ur business name? Pano napo yung mga nabayaran mo? Are you going to tell the DTI, BIR that ur going to change name and pay again? also yung existing receipts na ginagamit na...could we use them even if nag change na ng business name but the same owner and same business din naman?

l_neveph

• Novice
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 04:57:32 pm »
tnx chinky! big help! ;)

chinky

• Full time entrepreneur
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 09:01:10 pm »
napakadugo....

question po.. meron bang certain time na kailangan makapagregister sa BIR once naregister mo yung name mo sa DTI?

Pasintabi po ulit kay thread starter... :)

Once na makapagregister with the DTI, takbo ka na sa City Hall to get your Mayor's Permit then tatakbo ka po ulit sa BIR. Ang alam ko po kasi, may penalty pag nagregister ka sa DTI tapos medyo matagal bago ka nakapagregister sa City Hall at BIR...