SUBSCRIBE

Print & Digital

• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: Solar Power and Alternative Energy Anyone?  (Read 7720 times)

solarkidz

• Novice
Solar Power and Alternative Energy Anyone?
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »
Good day to all of you. I am Freidrich P,de Guzman - owner of Freidrich Ent.,a renewable energy company. We specializes in design, supply, installation and commissioning of renewbale energy projects for solar, biogas, windpower and hydropower. My company is two (2) years now but this is my fourth year in the industry. The largest solar power I have installed so far is the 15,000 watts community power lighting at the Municipality of Pag-asa, Kalayaan Island Group (KIG) located at the Spratley's Group of Island. Do drop me a message if you're interested to learn more. Should you wish to see some solar power installations, we can arrange a tour for 5 to 6 persons to actually see and observe working solar.

MI0NG

• Business guru
    • www.filgenllc.com
Re: Solar Power and Alternative Energy Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 11:32:31 PM »
What do you think of this project? --> Solar Tricycle

solarkidz

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 12:38:10 AM »
 :) Nice idea ... actually, for research and development sometimes I would tap universities to make the study. One of such sample is the Bicol University who is right now coordinating with me for some solar projects. Filipinos are ingenious species so I believed we have lots of idea to share together!!!!

MI0NG

• Business guru
    • www.filgenllc.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »
Solar tricycle was not my biz concept. Just found out that they are one of the participants in the competition. If they can make it on the top 10, then good for them.

Padme Amygdala

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 07:22:16 AM »
Will it be cheaper if houses are installed with solar plates (or whatever it is called) in the roof and have it as alternative to electricity?  Can it accomodate usual household consumption like the typical TV, fans, an aircon, ref, lights, etc? Is it possible?  How much would it cost?

finapoda

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 06:59:11 AM »
malabo yan dito mga after 10 years pa

Wein

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
Hi!

do you have your company's website? 

how much would it cost to install solar heaters and can it accomodate usual household consumptions like the typical TV, fans, an aircon, ref, lights, etc?   How much would it cost then for installation for a setting of typical house comsumption? What's the life span of those solar panels and batteries? Does it also need or require regular maintenance?

btw, is your panels locally produced? and do you also send quotations?

thanks and hope to hear from you.

the_walrus

• Full time entrepreneur
  • The cutest guy in town
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »

Pwede po ba sa bahay ang ganyan?

Kumukunsumo po ang bahay ko ng mahigit 800 kWh kada buwan.

Ilang solar panels po ang kailangan para ma-supply-an ako ng ganyan karaming power?  Magkano bawat isa ng solar panel?

Magkano naman po ang baterya kung saan i-i-store ang power na makukuha ng solar panel sa araw (sun)?

Safe po ba yan sa bahay? Gaano po kaya kalaking espasyo ang kakainin ng mga solar panels para sa power requirement ng bahay ko?

Matagal ba masira yan?  Gaano po katagal mapapakinabangan ang mga solar panels?

JudieleFragrance

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
Note to interested in solar panel.  If you planning to buy solar panel based on the its "economics" you have to think twice:  if you are currently connected to the grid, meaning MERALCO, it does not make economic sense.  Ypu will end up paying in advance your electricity bill for ten years for the initial capital expenses.  The grid price of electricity is much cheaper than the solar power.  Second solar power have small capacity, meaning you have to install lots of them for you to supply your electricty need specially if you have high electricty consuming appliances such as aircon, TV, fans, iron, ref etc.  But if there is no other supply of electricity in your area, you will save money in the long run..meaning in the span of 10-15 years because you will mot need any fuel to run your solar panel. Still your capcity or your electricty use wll be limited coz you still need to store this in batteries.

But if you want to have solar panel because you want to save the environment please do so... solar panel is the best alternative energy supply to protect  the environment and avoid climate change.

the_walrus

• Full time entrepreneur
  • The cutest guy in town
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »

Hmmmm...so, mahal pala ang solar panels.

solarkidz

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 12:14:12 AM »
 ;) Mga colleagues, hope you give me sometime to answerr your inquiries, I've been invited to become one of the exhibitors sa Powertrends this coming Sept. 19,20 and 21 sa World Trade Center (WTC). I hope you can all cometo visit my booth and the other renewable energy booths. Come and enjoy learning about new and renewable systems to help you save more energy.

Hope to see you all...

solarkidz

• Novice
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:26:43 AM »
 8) However, just a little comment on what some of our friends said about the panels- this is true that solar panels are expensive and the Meralco grid is still cheaper than using solar. And actually, what they said about the environment is oh...so true !!!

However, there are small systems now that can provide you better savings which you can actually feel agad. For example- since I have my office integrated in my house, I can actually price my systems better than my "competitors"...actually, being an integrator, all of them are my friends. If you can spare Ps 45,000.00, I can provide you three (3) security lights connected to solar, using DC bulbs. So during night time, for 12 hours, you will be using a system that doesn't use any current from the Meralco. For Ps 7,500.00, you can own a solar lantern which you can use in your sari-sari store or mini-carinderia for 6 hours every night without using Meralco Power. For Ps 25,000.00 you can have one (1) light good for six (6) hours everyday. I tell you, that come a time when the price of the solar will go down affordable to everybody. HOwever, if you'd listen to DOE, by 2010, power outtages will again be felt in Luzon ... how ready are you by then? This is also an alternative choice for a generator set. :'(

photoaddict

• www.facebook.com/tiktilaokPhilippines
  • Business guru
  • Tiktilaok Glass Bottle n Pouches. T#0925.338.3338
    • www.facebook.com/tiktilaokphilippines
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
kung puwede sana 25,000 tapos isang aircon na pinatatakbo for 6 hours every nite. ayos yun!

well, gusto ko rin nito, pero hindi kaya yun budget.

Wein

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 04:37:06 PM »
8) However, just a little comment on what some of our friends said about the panels- this is true that solar panels are expensive and the Meralco grid is still cheaper than using solar. And actually, what they said about the environment is oh...so true !!!

However, there are small systems now that can provide you better savings which you can actually feel agad. For example- since I have my office integrated in my house, I can actually price my systems better than my "competitors"...actually, being an integrator, all of them are my friends. If you can spare Ps 45,000.00, I can provide you three (3) security lights connected to solar, using DC bulbs. So during night time, for 12 hours, you will be using a system that doesn't use any current from the Meralco. For Ps 7,500.00, you can own a solar lantern which you can use in your sari-sari store or mini-carinderia for 6 hours every night without using Meralco Power. For Ps 25,000.00 you can have one (1) light good for six (6) hours everyday. I tell you, that come a time when the price of the solar will go down affordable to everybody. HOwever, if you'd listen to DOE, by 2010, power outtages will again be felt in Luzon ... how ready are you by then? This is also an alternative choice for a generator set. :'(

ano naman ang lifespan nito? how often do you need to change the panels or how often  is the maintenance? baka lagi ka rin may papalitan or i me maintain na parts.  ok lang sana kung for 5 years or 10 years wala ka papalitan ;)    i'm interested sa solar heaters do you have any idea about this? 

medyo mahal nga sya imagine only 3 security lights could cost you already 45k.  sana nga solar would be affordable na.  nakakainis kasi lagi na lang brownout at ang mahal pa nang koryente 4 to 5k a month consumption sa bahay

solarkidz

• Novice
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »
 ::) the lifespan of a "real and genuine" solar panels is 20 to 25 years, ask your Dept. of Energy people to confirm. If you will look at the initial cost, talagang mahal ang kalalabasan and never ka nang bibili nang panels. But looking at a much longer planning this will become economical- comp*tation for this is always done via the LCC which is the life cycle cost. Imagine having power even when there's no electricity in your town...this is a status quo. The battery shall be replaced every 5 years so sa loob nang 20 years- apat na beses kang magpapalit lang at no mechanical movements ang solar kaya wala ka nang nilalagyan nang langis. Sa mali liit na pulo may offer kami na solar lanterns at eto ay yung mga re-chargeable lantern na ang charging ay mula sa araw- this costs around Ps 6,500.00 pero kapag me WB grant nasa Ps 3000.00 na lang (our lantern is accredited via the World Bank Subsidy).