SUBSCRIBE

Print & Digital

• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: BUSINESS CLOSED-BIR REQUIREMENTS?  (Read 14788 times)

Chelet Gedang

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
BUSINESS CLOSED-BIR REQUIREMENTS?
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:17:48 PM »
Good Day to everyone!

I closed my business last Dec. 2007. What are the documents I need to submit to BIR? Please help me so I'll be able to prepare all the docs needed before going to their office and be able to save time and effort. thank you so much in advance.

God Bless to everyone!
"giving up is just a sign of not being good enough"

purpledream

• Novice
Re: BUSINESS CLOSED-BIR REQUIREMENTS?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »
Hi!   :)   I'm also in the process of closing my business.

They asked me to submit BIR Form 1905. This form is to be accomplished by all taxpayers who intend to update/change any data or information, e.g.  cancellation of business registration due to closure of business.

You also need to submit the following:
1. Letter requesting for cessation of registration
2. Existing BIR Certificate of Registration
3. Inventory list of unused invoices and receipts
4. Unused invoices and receipts for cancellation (bring the physical copy)
5. ITR for the past 2 years, ITR for 2007.
6. Proof of Books of Account

I brought all the returns I have submitted for the current/past years. (BIR Forms e.g. 1701,1701Q,1601C,1601E,1604CF,1604E,2551M,Annual Registration Payment Form).

Hope this helps.  :)

Chelet Gedang

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:32:58 PM »
Thank you so much. Hiningan ka ba ng municipal clearance? Kasi dito sa amin sa Antipolo ng isubmit ko yung mga requirements for the municipal clearance sinisingil pa ako ng P4000.00. Hindi ko alam kung para saan. So I wrote a letter to the head of Business and Licensing Office asking for a city ordinance or any comp*tation they used para pagbayarin ako ng P4000.00 e closed na nga ang business ko. Wala akong alam na unpaid dues ko sa kanila kasi I closed my business Dec. 17, 2007 and my business permit is good until Dec. 31, 2007. Tama ba ako?

Now, I'm still waiting for their response to my letter. Pag di ako sinagot until Friday isusubmit ko sa BIR lahat ng documents na sinubmit ko sa City Hall. May received copy kasi ako and yung municipal clearance na lang ang kulang ko sa mga BIR requirements.

Thank you again and more power to all of us!
"giving up is just a sign of not being good enough"

purpledream

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.. been busy lately.

No, they (BIR) didn't ask for a municipal clearance. Pero just the same,  I decided to bring with me the Certificate of Retirement of Business from the City Treasurer's Office and the Approved Application for Retirement of Business from the Business and Licensing Office.

I also paid a certain amount sa City Hall (taxes - based on your gross sales for the past year). Ganun yata talaga, even if you're closing your business.  :(

I have also informed Philhealth and SSS regarding the closure of my business.