SUBSCRIBE

Print & Digital

• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: How can i start a grocery business?ideas?  (Read 31976 times)

reverb

• Novice
How can i start a grocery business?ideas?
« on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:24 AM »
Hi to every one, is there anybody that knows how to start a grocery business?or mini grocery?i dont have any ideas where to get the items,like the needs to sell for people.is it consignment basis or i need to buy the products that is to be selled out to people?and do you have an idea,whats the starting capital in putting a business like this. hoping for your kind reply and advise.. am looking forward to it  :) thank you..  :)

TheAUDITor

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • "Great minds have purpose, others have choices"
    • http://theaudit.multiply.com
Re: How can i start a grocery business?ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:10:54 AM »
Hi,

I am not expert in starting a grocery business, but starting this kind of business is the same as other kind of business undertaking.

First you make a feasibility study whether it is feasible to establish a grocery store on your choosen location, food? dry goods?General merchandising? who are your Suppliers?, payment cash or credit terms? Determine the type of enterprise you want to do, single proprietorship? partnership or corporation? Capital? Location? Location is important. business name DTI/SEC? mayor's permit, sanitary permit? BIR and others. These are just a important starting steps.

TheAUDITor 
"Wise men say, only fools rush In" "Old Soldiers Never Die, They Just Get Better with Cal. 45""Stock Traders Never Give-up, They Just Lose Money""Let us learn caution from misfortune of others" JN8.12 "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life"

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:46:26 AM »
Hi to every one, is there anybody that knows how to start a grocery business?or mini grocery?i dont have any ideas where to get the items,like the needs to sell for people.is it consignment basis or i need to buy the products that is to be selled out to people?and do you have an idea,whats the starting capital in putting a business like this. hoping for your kind reply and advise.. am looking forward to it  :) thank you..  :)

Hello,

The very first thing to consider is location. A good location will attract good customers but also good distributors that will offer products to you.

Cheers!

Gerel

Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices
www.foodthinktank.com

Join the FoodBytes Forum!

the_walrus

• Taipan
  • The cutest guy in town
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:13:29 AM »

Kung gusto mo makontak ang mga suppliers ng mga groceries, tambay ka lang maghapon sa mga groceries....sa loob ng isang linggo siguradong makikita mo ang mga suppliers na nagdedeliver sa kanila. kausapin mo yung salesman at sabihin mong magbubukas ka rin ng mini groceries.

Sigurado magkakandarapa pa yung salesman na kontakin ka dahil pandagdag ka sa benta nila. ALam naman natin na karamihan sa mga ahente ay umaasa lang sa commission dahil maliit lang ang kanilang basic salary.

People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions,
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
I tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time,

TableTop

• Novice
    • TableTop Innovation
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
Hi,

I can supply you with Household and Laundry Cleaning Products available at wholesale and retail prices.

HOUSEHOLD CLEANING PRODUCTS

Dishwashing Liquid - 28(liter) / 100(gallon)
Liquid Hand Soap - 28(liter) / 100(gallon)
Toilet Bowl and Tile Cleaner - 28(liter) / 100(gallon)
Multi Purpose Cleaner - 36(liter) / 135(gallon)
Air Freshener w/ Deodorizer - 185.00(gallon)
Glass Cleaner w/ Defogger - 195.00(gallon)
Disinfectant and Sanitizing Solution - 265.00(gallon)

LAUNDRY PRODUCTS

Detergent Powder - 25.00/kilo
Fabric Conditioner - 28(liter) / 100(gallon)
Liquid Bleach - 28(liter) / 100(gallon)

Minimum order:
Powder detergent: 25 kilos
Liquid products: 25 liters / 10 gallons

Open to resellers, dealers, business owners and end users. A good business opportunity for those who want to work at home or want to have another source of income.

Pricelist is available at: http://tabletopad.weebly.com/other-products.html

ingrid_g01

• Novice
  • exporter of home furnishings
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:31:23 PM »
The other ka entreps are correct in saying start a feasibility study first.  Once you're done with that, start sourcing your possible suppliers.  Take the time to put this data together since this will be valuable. 
Make sure that you are abreast with what your competitors are up to.  It will also be helpful if you will take up some seminars regarding inventory management, security systems to avoid theft and pilferage and other classes that will enable you to set up your business better.

Hope this helps!!

TheAUDITor

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • "Great minds have purpose, others have choices"
    • http://theaudit.multiply.com
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 01:50:12 AM »
HI, GREETINGS MABUHAY...

START IT SMALL, FINISH IT BIG.

RGDS/THEAUDITOR
"Wise men say, only fools rush In" "Old Soldiers Never Die, They Just Get Better with Cal. 45""Stock Traders Never Give-up, They Just Lose Money""Let us learn caution from misfortune of others" JN8.12 "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life"

vanesa cab

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
i suggest you make a list of the items na sa tingin mo ay mabili. like sabon panlaba, powder soap, kape, toyo, suka and the like. then, find out kung magkano ang bentahan ng ganon sa ibang stores at kung anong mga sizes ang mabili. then you can scout where to buy those sa mas mababang presyo like sa macro and other wholesale stores. after months of being in business, marami na ang pupunta sayong mga ahente. i think cash basis ang purchase mo pero afterwards, depending on how many you purchase, magbibigay din yan ng terms by check pero the most is 7 days siguro.

darl722

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 05:48:21 PM »
If you're in Manila better try SuySing they sell very low priced grocery products and they also give discounts. Although you have to check their items very well since with their huge inventories some defective and expiring products might get into your purchases.

shasan 878

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 12:51:52 AM »
hi  darl722 .....  may i know where SuySing is?  Hoping for your reply. Thank you. 

warzen27

• Novice
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 09:08:54 PM »
Suysing binondo 3067777 or 7068888 The best ang suysing if you know how to maximize your benefits from them.

shasan 878

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »
 :o  Thank you ! 

biz.buddy

• Novice
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »
pls. check their website....

http://www.suysing.com/suysing/default.asp

goodluck!

iceman4196

• Novice
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »
for plasticware and stainless kitchenware, house ware
hurricane mfg. 09278430000eric uy