SUBSCRIBE

Print & Digital

• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: Questions about BIR Penalties (surcharge, interest and compromise)  (Read 15052 times)

Ungas

• Novice
Does any one know how the BIR computes it's penalties especially the "compromise" part?

I can understand the surcharge part since it is written at the back of the BIR form... but they did not tell anything on how they compute for the compromise.

The story is I didn't beat the 3:00pm time at the bank yesterday( I came 3:06pm) for the BIR form 1601-E that's why I went back to BIR to have it stamped for extension until the next day(which is today)... I really didn't read what is written on the stamp leading to another problem. I always pay tax on the afternoon, and when I'm about to go to the bank I finally read the stamped BIR form and surprised that I can only pay this day until 12 noon, but it's already 1pm. I still try to go to the bank, but they told me that I have to go back to BIR for them to compute the penalties. By the way, I'm supposed to pay about 425php without any penalties.

In my mind I need to pay additional of 106.25 minimum because it the 25% surcharge that I know...
When the form was given back to me,  I can't believe the price that I'm supposed to pay. From 425 pesos now with an additional 106.25 pesos surcharge, 200 pesos interest, and a 1000 pesos compromise...

I'm not expecting to pay double the price because of the penalties, that's why I'm really surprised that now I'm supposed to pay more than four times of what I'm paying.

Does anyone know how they compute on compromise penalties? I want to know too on how they came up with 200 pesos on interest but my main concern is the 1000 pesos compromise.

makotosing

• Part-time entrepreneur
    • tyfarma audit tax consultancy
Re: Questions about BIR Penalties (surcharge, interest and compromise)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »
nasa REV RG po yan...from time to time the department of finance thru thr BIR commissioner will revise those compromise penalty..etc... they will issue regulation on how to compute...

Ungas

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »
ok... thank you po.

my follow up question po ako. pero hindi na sya related sa penalties.

Yung anual registration po ba sa BIR (form 0605) na 500 pesos ay pwede ng bayaraan kaagad kahit hindi pa napaparenew yung mayor's permit?

Kakausapin ko kasi dapat yung accountant ng tita ko para siya na maglakad ng mga yun, kaso buntis pala kaya my rinerefer na iba kaso hindi ko pa nakakausap. Kung hindi na kailangan ung mayor's permit para magbayad ng 0605, babayaran ko na agad kesa magkapenalties nanaman. tapos bahala na ung accountant maglakad sa mga renewal ng mayor's permit etc.

Thanks.

chinky

• Full time entrepreneur
    • De Los Reyes & Co., CPAs
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »
Usually, sila silang mga taga-BIR lang naman talaga ang nakakaalam kung magkano ilalagay nila sa "compromise" part ng penalty.  ;D Pag natapat po kayo sa medyo mabait at busog, konting pakiusapan lang at bababa tiyak ang compromise part na yan. Pero pag nakatagpo naman po kayo ng masungit at gutom na BIR official, panigurado po na mataas ang compromise penalty nyo.  :D Kidding aside, may table po talaga sila na sinusunod para dito in accordance sa penalty nyo. Eh marami po ang penalties sa BIR. Nakadepende rin po ito sa income na irereport nyo.

Yes, pwede na po bayaran ang 0605 on or before January 30, 2009.  ;)

Ungas

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »
ok thanks po.

Funny story, nakakatuwa...
Nung nagpacompute ako ng penalty nung 16 halos 4x ng normal ung babayara ko diba?
Dahil talagang nagulat ako sa babayaran ko nun, hindi ako dumiretso sa banko dahil nawalan ako ng ganang magbayad.

Inisip ko magfill-up ng bagong form at magpacompute ulit na penalty which is ginawa ko kanina.
Natuwa ako sa comp*tation dahil:
Surcharge= 106.25
Interest = 2.80
Compromise = 200
plus ung talagang dapat kong bayaran na 425 = 734.05

Ni hindi dumoble yung babayaran ko...hehehe

Sa sobrang tuwa ko dumiretso agad ako sa bangko para magbayad, nakalimutan kong papirmahan sa chief collection section ung form kaya pinabalik ako sa BIR, at nang bumalik ako sa bangko sarado na.
Ok na rin, basta masmababa yung babayran ko kumpara sa comp*tation last week. HEHEHE

sting ray

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
you're lucky.

carrot carrot

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »
good afternoon po

six month na po ako di na karegister sa BIR, magkano po kaya ang babayaran kong penalties?

sting ray

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 02:17:40 PM »
if you have not registered with bir, you are considered part of the underground economy. joke lang.
you have to register because the fines include closure and imprisonment. the fine is 50K and above. if you register, you do not have to pay much. besides, you are helping our government by paying taxes.
do it asap.

stingray

b3b3m3

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »
question lang....

ano po ba maganda at dapat gawin....
ito po yung case...

we have a clinic...nagkaron kami iba-ibang accountants...

so....since wala kami alam sa accounting..etc... we put all our trust sa mga accountants...

ito mga prob ko....

1. need pala magkaron ng mayor's permit and plate... in which ok na....

2. cash receipts lang ang updated....only to ffind out na need pala ng disbursement etc na mgs books...naglinis ako ng mga file only to find out na meron pala kami mga 4books na hindi na update 2006 pa yung last na tatak...pano po kaya pwede gawin dun? may penalty ba? if ever mga magkano kaya aabutin? ano po pwede gawin?

patulong naman po....

salamat

sting ray

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
ang need for business permit mo is debatable dahil kung professional ka, professional (privilege) tax receipt (PTR) lang ang kailangan mo. if you insisted on your right, mas mura dahil ang average amount ng PTR is P300.
re your books, i am sure meron ka from 2007 to 2009 except lang na walang entries. ask mo lang accountant mo. baka hindi lang kayo nagkaintindihan sa bayad dahil separate ang bayad sa bookkeeping. ang penalty is P1,000 for late registration. so kung 3 years na P3K. Kapag nag tax mapping ang BIR at wala kang books, additional penalties na naman at kung ma examine ka ng BIR at walang books, mortal sin yan. marami kang babayaran.
better, get an accountant and bookkeeper and pay for the services to do the recording. or if you have a staff, let her do the job. mas mura kung mag outsource ka na lang ng bookkeeping mo.

stingray

jhaypatts

• Your Accountant in Business
  • Full time entrepreneur
    • GPL & Co.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
please repost any concern not yet answered.

thanks
please email/message me at
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

http://www.jhaypatts.webs.com
http://www.jhaypattscpa.webs.com
http://www.gplcpas.wix.com/home

woodpusher

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
sorry guys, don't know where to post this.

here is my question: if i will amend a previously paid VAT & Income Tax Return and have to pay additional tax for it, will the additional tax need to be subjected to all penalties (eg. compromise, surcharges, & interest)?

chinky

• Full time entrepreneur
    • De Los Reyes & Co., CPAs
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
sorry guys, don't know where to post this.

here is my question: if i will amend a previously paid VAT & Income Tax Return and have to pay additional tax for it, will the additional tax need to be subjected to all penalties (eg. compromise, surcharges, & interest)?

Na-answer na po ata ito sa kabilang thread nyo...