SUBSCRIBE

Print & Digital

• Business Owner

Search the:    Site    Directory

Author Topic: Baking and Pastry School Manila  (Read 15511 times)

Lyn301345

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
Baking and Pastry School Manila
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:10 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask some assistance to find a good school that teaches baking and pastry in Manila.

We are taking over an Airport Cafe operation but my problem is I dont know how to make cakes and pastries. The business is not doing well that's why the owner have decided to give it up and we are willing to make it work with few additional services. Part of our plan is do provide food to companies staff with low rate and means low profit margin for us. With this situation we cannot afford to employ more than one chief and my plan is for myself to look after baking and pastry side of the kitchen.

I don't live in Philippines and can only stay for studies for couple of months in each visit. It would be appreciated if somebody can help me to find school that provide this course in short time.

I speak tagalog so any response in tagalog would be great :)

Regards

Evelyn

maneki_neko

• Taipan
  • I'm in the desert making desserts .... ;)
Re: Baking and Pastry School Manila
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:53:45 PM »
How long is your stay in the Phils?  And if you are not in the Philippines you still need somebody to manage the store while you are out.  There are short courses offered but it still depends on your need. 

Or instead of learning to make cakes and pastries in a short time you can just get products from good suppliers.  Then you can just concentrate on the selling and managing part of the business. 

Or you may contact Anthony Palanca also an entrepreneur forum member.  He is offering pre-mixes.  I hope I can help you more but right now I am also out of the country. 

Jona
Making desserts in the desert
"The secret to success is innovation.  You have to be different.  Always aspire to do more and do better." -  Jose Cobarrubias, Sr. (Father of the Local Hotel Industry)

For food (biz) enthusiasts, suppliers, etc.
http://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/board/index.php?topic