th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos

Author Topic: BIR Closing of Business  (Read 1761 times)

christinebueson

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
BIR Closing of Business
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:30:20 pm »
Good day everyone!

I want to ask what to do. I had my business closed last year. I asked my accountant/bookkeeper to do the transaction for me. The DTI as well as the municipal were closed but due to some circumstances, the accountant/bookkeeper wasnt able to close the BIR and I learned of it just recently. In the first few months of my business, I filed no operation since Im on the process of getting my receipts printed at that time. Two months later, I started operating and 2 or 3 months after, I decided to have it close.

What dues do I have to pay with the BIR and what are the steps I need to do? I really have no idea about it and Im afraid of penalties. Can I justify that it's the accountant/bookeeper's fault since if they have the unified server for government agencies, they can I see that it's unintentional on my part not to close the BIR since the DTI and municipal were close.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thanks!

TaxGadget

• Online CPA
  • Novice
  • Certified Public Accountant
    • TaxGadget
Re: BIR Closing of Business
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:55:15 am »
It is always the owners responsibility and obligation to make sure that your business is compliant. That is why you need to get a good accountant. There are lots of non CPA offering accounting services and getting one will put your business at risk. It may come very cheap in price but same goes to the quality of service that you will get.

TaxGadget

• Online CPA
  • Novice
  • Certified Public Accountant
    • TaxGadget
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:56:21 am »
Payroll Excel System: https://sellfy.com/p/xMv3/

jhaypatts

• Your Accountant in Business
  • Full time entrepreneur
    • GPL & Co.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:26:32 am »
http://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/registration-requirements/primary-registration/application-for-registration-update.html#afcob

Good day everyone!

I want to ask what to do. I had my business closed last year. I asked my accountant/bookkeeper to do the transaction for me. The DTI as well as the municipal were closed but due to some circumstances, the accountant/bookkeeper wasnt able to close the BIR and I learned of it just recently. In the first few months of my business, I filed no operation since Im on the process of getting my receipts printed at that time. Two months later, I started operating and 2 or 3 months after, I decided to have it close.

What dues do I have to pay with the BIR and what are the steps I need to do? I really have no idea about it and Im afraid of penalties. Can I justify that it's the accountant/bookeeper's fault since if they have the unified server for government agencies, they can I see that it's unintentional on my part not to close the BIR since the DTI and municipal were close.

Hope anyone can help me.

Thanks!

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our email newsletter for useful tips and valuable resources.

Document
This section features advertisers who wish to announce business ideas, franchise options, or business suppliers. Should you wish to be a part of this sponsored section, please email advertise@entrepreneur.com.ph

Columns

How much risk should you tolerate when taking significant investments?