Get Weekly Updates
8 requirements to franchise a business
Illustration by Sonny Ramirez
Jun 08, 2012
Q: What are the requirements that I need if I want to franchise my business?
1. Business Concept. Define what type of business you have.
2. Longevity. How long has the business been in existence?
3. Profitability. How is the financial picture of the business?
4. Products and Services. Are these well defined and consistent in quality?
5. Duplication of branches. Are there other branches which are set up? How consistent are they?
6. Documentation. Are the procedures written and easy to follow?
7. Commitment. Is the entrepreneur committed in accepting franchisees?
8. Inquiries. Is the company receiving inquiries from various people if it is franchising?
Armando "Butz" O. Bartolome is currently President of GMB Franchise Developers, the pioneer franchise development company in the country and is behind the growth and expansion of over 200 local companies. You may reach him at email@example.com.
Looking for a new business? Find opportunities here
The best place to look for suppliers and business partners
Know where to place your investments
Looking for ways to fund your business? Find them here
Find the right suppliers and clients for business equipment and other products
Earn money from your properties. Post your advertisement here
Anything and everything about franchising
Expand your network here
Get the buzz from fellow entrepreneurs
Let’s solve your business woes
Your guide through the start-up maze
Swap tips and get advice on juggling your business journals