Get Weekly Updates
Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
Dec 11, 2012
The time is now—to start a business, that is. Why is that? Well, there’s no better time to start anything than the present moment. And we’re not just saying that because the New Year is just around the corner, which always lends itself to thoughts about beginnings.
But while these musings may just be passing fancies, starting a new business is an entirely more serious and committed undertaking. And because we at Entrepreneur.com.ph don’t want you wasting your Christmas bonuses, savings or retirement fund on a venture that won’t last three months—leaving your would-be employees grumbling the rest of the year—here’s our effort to help you along the road of entrepreneurship: a concise business starter guide that you can turn to when you feel you are ready to take the plunge.
Again, we assert that now is the time to be your own boss, whether of a small enterprise or, if your resources allow it, a big capital undertaking. Here are 10 questions—as advised by the entrepreneurs we interviewed—you need to ask yourself before sailing on with your own enterprise:
1. Do you enjoy making decisions and being in charge?
2. Do you have the willingness to take initiative?
3. Do you have enough money saved up to start your business?
4. Do you have a good credit rating?
5. Do you have strong people skills?
6. Are you flexible, and can you adapt to changing circumstances?
7. Are you good at short-range and long-term planning?
8. Are you willing to take calculated risks?
9. Are you good at following through on your ideas, plans and projects?
10. You don’t expect your household income to rise within a year of starting your business?
If you can answer “yes” to all of them, then you probably are ready to be an entrepreneur. But to learn about the other details of starting a business, turn to the next several pages. Your time is now.
Looking for a new business? Find opportunities here
The best place to look for suppliers and business partners
Know where to place your investments
Looking for ways to fund your business? Find them here
Find the right suppliers and clients for business equipment and other products
Earn money from your properties. Post your advertisement here
Anything and everything about franchising
Expand your network here
Get the buzz from fellow entrepreneurs
Let’s solve your business woes
Your guide through the start-up maze
Swap tips and get advice on juggling your business journals