th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: stiff competitions in business  (Read 27764 times)

hyperclown74

• Novice
Re: stiff compet1t1ons in business
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2006, 02:30:05 pm »
yes.

infact i could have a net income of 45,000 per month while they as stated could not earn anything.

14 hours average occupancy rate for a 16 store hours shop x 18 PCs x 9/hour

2268 rental revenues.

i just spend 15T to 20T per month including maintenance with all of the things i learned from studying their cost structures.

Yes, tama nga c butangera, you're really good with what you're doing  considering stiff ang competition sa ganyang type of business. I would like to ask though, ang location mo ba ay nasa commercial area like malapit sa mga schools or malls? and one more thing, sa ganyang business more or less eh magkano ang start-up capital ang kailangan,assuming maglalagay ka ng 10-15 pc's?
 Good luck sa business mo and i hope eh lumago pa yan lalo! cheers!

accukix

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Serial Entrepreneur
    • alzheimer-free: photographing the moment
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2006, 09:41:39 pm »
actually its my second shop.  i have another one 400m from it with 14 PCs.

when i was 17, i was asking a big competitor with 50+ PCs to talk and agree about a single pricing!  this is what he said to me in ilonggo "ubraha lang da ang maayo para sa imo kay ubrahon man namon ang maayo para sa amon".  he actually said "do what is best for you and i'll do what is best for me!".  at that time i saw him as a large, greedy and old businessman who purposely looses money to gain market share!  the more i was thinking that way, the more my business was going down.

slowly, i understood what he said.  its not that you drop the price because you just wanted it it is because its the best decision for you!  best in a sense that you have the neccessary backing for a price war.  in this business segment, these are the things that i slowly built up to afford a price war in our specific area (i don't know if it will work with yours.  just study your market):

1.  adequate technical knowledge for the business (i cant afford spending time on this, so i made friends with the most technically equipped internet cafe operator in iloilo.  i later observed that all of the pirated games sold at 2nd class malls were producaed from the 2nd floor of his internet cafe.)  this allowed me to have the 1st hand at new games.  slowly building up a reputation of having the newest and best games.

2.  less time for software configurations and installation.  i observed how he does his intenet cafe system and since he won't sell or teach the system i spent time studying it.  its like instead of installing 60GB worth of games with the best driver configuration which i usually spend 3 days doing this for 1 PC and if it hangs up 3 days again.  i also needed to teach a personnel who will be a favorable piratee to a competitor!  with his system, its just 90 seconds.  all in.  its like teaching your personnel how to photocopy a document, in this case a whole hard drive of config at just 90 sec per pc!

3.  less personal time spent for this business.  i breaked into their heads in our meeting when i said "even if you earn as you said a thousand atleast, you are personally working on it.  for me, its better to earn 500 while watching the sites in Bohol, just spending 1 hour for each month of operations."  this led them to be amenable to all my demands.

4.  saving on what the market doesn't appreciate and spending on what it does.  they complained about their 2HP aircon expenses when customers in our area doesn't appreciate a cool internet lan shop with lagging PCs.

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2006, 10:20:57 pm »
well, i am really in awe at how much you've accomplished so far. u really studied your market very well. a lot people no longer study their market thus they fail. take the case of your competitors. what you did was fairly easy and i could have done that also had i put up an internet/gaming biz.

good luck!  :)

wynxzl

• Full time entrepreneur
  • looking for the right jerry THAT'll make me rich!
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 10:40:33 pm »
actually i have learned something from RJ
thanks sa mga posts dito
nakakrelate ako sa sinabi mo competitors mo ayaw mag share ng knowledge.parehong pareho sitwasyon ko
though di pa ko kasing lakas sa laban tulad mo

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 07:39:51 am »
wynx, what u can do is try to study ur market. and maybe a thing or two from what rj has posted. the mind is so creative that it will amaze you what it can do basta may magandang stimulus.  :)

wynxzl

• Full time entrepreneur
  • looking for the right jerry THAT'll make me rich!
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 11:42:41 am »
yeah right butangera.
very well said

Lani

• Novice
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 03:39:27 pm »
Rj, salamat sa insight, kaso d po nasagot ung tanong ni hyperclown74.  :)

Close