th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Food deliveries or logistics for business starters  (Read 4815 times)

btnh_jd

• Novice
Food deliveries or logistics for business starters
« on: May 14, 2006, 11:06:42 pm »
Im starting a food cart business, making my own brand. Selling highly perishable goods. My problem is, i do not have trucks or car for delivery use like the big ones and i cannot afford to rent a truck yet. Considering that my space is not that near from where I live. Which means I have to commute all my supplies; highly perishable goods, water, styros, tissues, ice, and all. As i can see it, i cannot deliver those supplies in one commute.

how do i deal with this?

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
Re: Food deliveries or logistics for business starters
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:43:06 am »
Hello,

You can have your suppliers deliver it to you "on-time" delivery style (you may have to pay a little extra).   Alternatively, you can store it at source or contract a deal with a nearby establishment to provide you with "overnight" storage for your stocks.

If you can give more details, maybe we can refine the solution for you.

Cheers!

Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:43:18 am »
rent ka ng jeep that ply the route. kausapin mo ung driver na sa ganitong oras daanan ka nya sa bahay nyo, load mo mga paninda mo tapos at the end of the day sundo ka naman nya sa store mo papunta sa bahay nyo. bayaran mo lang ung bale dalawang byahe nya... kung di mo naman ma-occupy ung buong jeep eh di magsakay na lang ung driver para mapuno tapos pay mo na lang half or something.

btnh_jd

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:04 am »
i like the idea of sharing storage. But how much will that cost me? or if ever i will rent out a jeepney for delivery, how much will that cost me too?

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 01:58:59 pm »
for the jeep thing, depends eh... u talk na lang to a jeepney driver how much he will charge you. i suggested that coz ive seen a lot of entreps doing that here in rizal, lalo na ung mga nagtitinda ng fish... very early in the morning ride lang sila ng jeep with all their fish going to a town's next market tapos at the end of the day, ride ulet sila ng jeep... i figured siguro mga 100 pesos per ride. am not sure pero ganun siguro lang.

GerelRoa

• Business guru
  • Food Consultant
    • FoodBytes InfoServices
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 11:11:00 am »
Hello,

A typical jeepney will use up a liter of diesel for every 3 to 7 kilometer ride.   Since the price of diesel is published, you can then get an idea of how much it will cost the driver to deliver your goods to you.   Remember that the time it will take the driver to deliver and go back is time that he spends without collecting fares.   Typically, a driver will deliver your goods for P500 for half a day's work.

On the storage sharing, it will now depend on your good relationships with your neighboring businesses.   Sometimes, you can get it for free just by giving your friendship to the owner of the other business.  You can also offer to give them and their staff free merienda in exchange for storing your goods for you.   Again, in the end, it is how you build the relationship with these people.

Cheers!

Gerel Roa
FoodBytes InfoServices

Close