th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Clicking "Report to Moderator" - Please read  (Read 28536 times)

maneki_neko

• Business guru
  • I'm in the desert making desserts .... ;)
Clicking "Report to Moderator" - Please read
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:42:13 pm »
Please be careful in clicking "Report to Moderator".  We received a message reporting a certain member but the thread he is reporting belongs to another person. This is a sample:

The following post, "Re: Do you Have what IT takes to earn
P100,000.00?" by piNats (pinats) has been reported by ****** on a board you
moderate:

https://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=16146.msg92105#msg92105

The reporter has made the following comment:
I would suggest that you ask those who offer opportunities to be quite
frank in what they are really offering. Medyo dudoso kasi kapag may
pa-secret-secret pa. Di ba parang nang-u-uto lang sila. We want to get
into serious business. Thank you po!

Pinats posted comments and inquiries on the thread.  But the thread was authored by elice which should be the one reported.  So he should have clicked "Report to Moderator" on elice message not on Pinats message or post.

Thank you,

maneki_neko
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 04:43:21 am by maneki_neko »

Zerre

• Novice
Re: Clicking "Report to Moderator" - Please read
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 08:51:47 am »
Please be careful in clicking "Report to Moderator".  We received a message reporting a certain member but the thread he is reporting belongs to another person. This is a sample:

The following post, "Re: Do you Have what IT takes to earn
P100,000.00?" by piNats (pinats) has been reported by ****** on a board you
moderate:

https://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=16146.msg92105#msg92105

The reporter has made the following comment:
I would suggest that you ask those who offer opportunities to be quite
frank in what they are really offering. Medyo dudoso kasi kapag may
pa-secret-secret pa. Di ba parang nang-u-uto lang sila. We want to get
into serious business. Thank you po!

Pinats posted comments and inquiries on the thread.  But the thread was authored by elice which should be the one reported.  So he should have clicked "Report to Moderator" on elice message not on Pinats message or post.

Thank you,

maneki_neko

My apologies to the moderator. I may not have entirely read the rules and regulations in posting and all.

But just the same, thank you for responding. I also want to know what the course of action is after a report has been made. For the protection of all the budding entrepreneurs (or everybody else for that matter), may those who can recognize posting of illegal business ventures be reported immediately. It's very unfortunate that people will grab the opportunity to "make money", that is illegal in nature and not know it.

Actually, I wasn't expecting a flaming remarks for exposing such. But unfortunately, I did.

God bless us all!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 04:43:50 am by maneki_neko »

maneki_neko

• Business guru
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:05:06 pm »
regutz,

If you have seen the old Entrepreneur Forum, you may say that there have been lots of improvements.  Most forum members who violates the rules and regulations are the novice or those who are new.  If a post has been reported to us we act on it depending on the report and on our analysis of the situation.  We may agree or disagree on the report.  We give a warning to first time violators if it needs to.  A violator may be banned depending on the degree of his violation.

Example:  Despite several warnings a forum member still do spamming.  After the final warning and he still does it he will be banned from entering the forum. 

In case of advertisements like MLM with no clear details about the business.  He will be given a warning too.  But in spite of a warning then he still does not cooperate, he's thread will be locked or removed.

There are times we have already made an action or have sent a warning before the post or forum member has been reported.  We don't have to say or explain to anybody what have we done or what we have to do. 

I posted your repost just to cite an example.  Don't worry for the exposure since you are not the only one who has the same sentiments on that type of what I call "blind item" type of advertisements.   :)

maneki_neko
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:09:21 pm by maneki_neko »

etten

• Full time entrepreneur
  • Pay it forward..
    • http://mrlaundryshoppe.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:54:01 am »

My apologies to the moderator. I may not have entirely read the rules and regulations in posting and all.

But just the same, thank you for responding. I also want to know what the course of action is after a report has been made. For the protection of all the budding entrepreneurs (or everybody else for that matter), may those who can recognize posting of illegal business ventures be reported immediately. It's very unfortunate that people will grab the opportunity to "make money", that is illegal in nature and not know it.

Actually, I wasn't expecting a flaming remarks for exposing such. But unfortunately, I did.

God bless us all!

Hi regutz,

i feel i need to say this to you: welcome to the forum
my sentiments belong to you..and i hope even if it may seem somebody doesn't make you feel welcome here, don't be affected...just keep on dropping by, and who knows you might turn out to be a good friend,

etten

You don't need to apologize...actually,

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 01:51:43 pm »
i feel i need to tell everybody this.

ive already informed the webmaster of my sentiments when i met him though i dont know if he remembers it coz i told him a lot!  natabi ba naman sya sa babaeng 10 thousand words per minute eh! ;D

when the moderators did something, we know who is responsible kasi ung personality ng moderator as a member ang nagmanifest.

like me, i know kung anong mga tipong posts ang ginagawan nyo ng actions... i know the posting styles of each of the mods. pag may namoderate na post kahit di nyo sabihin, i know kung sino ang gumawa nun.

what i find funny is that pumasa sa ibang moderators pero sa iba hinde because di na kasi nagiging objective ang pagmoderate.

i told the webmaster, i appreciate what is being done in this forum BUT you have to draw the line... put up the necessary guidelines... kelan dapat mamoderate ang isang post? kelan dapat ibuyangyang sa public ang nagawa ng isang poster? kelan dapat iban ang isang poster? ung guidelines na nakapost somewhere in this forum are rather loose... subject to questions and criticisms talaga...

eh sa totoo lang, i had a discussion with a poster noon pa... iba iba ang definition ninyo ng double posting, sa totoo lang.

i dont wish to attack anybody. i am only expressing my sentiments here. i know moderating is a thankless job and i also know that i cant be a moderator coz i have a personality that wouldnt sit well with most people kaya please lang... dont you ever say na gusto kong maging moderator kaya ako nagpost ng ganito! i already have my hands full. thank you.

i believe that this incident about posting a "wrong" report to moderator is uncalled for. it is good that regutz has taken this incident rather lightly. kung ako yan, lam nyo na mangyari tiyak.

maneki_neko

• Business guru
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 04:50:44 am »

i believe that this incident about posting a "wrong" report to moderator is uncalled for. it is good that regutz has taken this incident rather lightly. kung ako yan, lam nyo na mangyari tiyak.

???

etten

• Full time entrepreneur
  • Pay it forward..
    • http://mrlaundryshoppe.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 06:46:45 pm »

mangyayari ba kamo butangera? eh malamang mag kuyugan na naman ang mga forumers dito sa thread na ito at tignan, obserbahan kung sino ang tama at mali, dahil kung sa kin din nangyari ang nangyari kay regutz?

malamang,

malamang sa,

malamang sa,

mag sumbong ako sa yo, para ipagtanggol mo ako,
d ba butangera?!

;D ;D ;D

maneki_neko

• Business guru
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 04:25:55 pm »
To etten and butangera,

Nag-usap na kami sa IM.  Ok naman si regutz, naintindihan naman nya yong puedeng naging resulta ng report nya.  Kung basta ko sinunod ang report nya e di yong post ni "PiNats" ang nagalaw ko hindi yong kay "Alice". 
Ngayon kung may problema pa kayo paki PM na lang don sa taong tinutukoy nyo.

Butangera, alalahanin mo, moderator ka na rin.  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:30:18 pm by maneki_neko »

rhina

• Novice
  • Taipan
  • BERDUGO
    • A.R.N. Andres Enterprises
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 10:58:22 pm »

ive already informed the webmaster of my sentiments when i met him though i dont know if he remembers it coz i told him a lot!  natabi ba naman sya sa babaeng 10 thousand words per minute eh! ;D

when the moderators did something, we know who is responsible kasi ung personality ng moderator as a member ang nagmanifest.

like me, i know kung anong mga tipong posts ang ginagawan nyo ng actions... i know the posting styles of each of the mods. pag may namoderate na post kahit di nyo sabihin, i know kung sino ang gumawa nun.
what i find funny is that pumasa sa ibang moderators pero sa iba hinde because di na kasi nagiging objective ang pagmoderate.

i told the webmaster, i appreciate what is being done in this forum BUT you have to draw the line... put up the necessary guidelines... kelan dapat mamoderate ang isang post? kelan dapat ibuyangyang sa public ang nagawa ng isang poster? kelan dapat iban ang isang poster? ung guidelines na nakapost somewhere in this forum are rather loose... subject to questions and criticisms talaga...

eh sa totoo lang, i had a discussion with a poster noon pa... iba iba ang definition ninyo ng double posting, sa totoo lang.

i dont wish to attack anybody. i am only expressing my sentiments here. i know moderating is a thankless job and i also know that i cant be a moderator coz i have a personality that wouldnt sit well with most people kaya please lang... dont you ever say na gusto kong maging moderator kaya ako nagpost ng ganito! i already have my hands full. thank you.

bka pwedeng paki explain ang mga highlighted parts. m confused eh..bka pwede ding magbigay ng examples...

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 01:11:15 pm »
@ maneki

i did the post when i was not a moderator yet. fyi.

@ rhina

let it pass. you dont want to wash your dirty linens in public, do you? unless you want to then just let me know. ill gladly do it for you.

Close