th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Entrepreneur August 2006 Issue  (Read 22197 times)

Webmaster

• Novice
Entrepreneur August 2006 Issue
« on: August 07, 2006, 08:35:07 pm »
From small time to BIG time - This August, Entrepreneur Philippines gives you lessons from 7 successful entrepreneurs who grew their businesses on very little capital. Grab a copy now!

piNaTs

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Love all, trust a few. --W.Shakespeare
    • Kikayfactory
Re: Entrepreneur August 2006 Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:44:31 am »
sus alchemist.. wala pa sa puregold magazine stand.. hayy..

piNaTs

• Part-time entrepreneur
    • Kikayfactory
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 01:57:06 am »
hehehe bukas pag lakwatsa.. ehek.. pagmeeting natin bilis tayo.. =)

etten

• Full time entrepreneur
  • Pay it forward..
    • http://mrlaundryshoppe.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:52:06 am »
ahhh, papunta ako sa megamall ngayon...bibili ng entrep magazine,

Gabs

• Novice
  • Full time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur 24/7
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:02:44 am »
Got mine at the airport lounge last July 30. Sayang di naisali mga banks na nago-offer ng mga non-collateral based loans (like Banco de Oro), maganda rin mga terms nila pagdating sa funding ng negosyo.

Surprise, surprise. Isang ka-Entrep member ang na-feature doon. Kudos, Farah! ;)

piNaTs

• Part-time entrepreneur
    • Kikayfactory
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 11:45:43 pm »
got mine at puregold this evening after our meeting.. .. hay sa wakas maaga rin sila nagkaroon..

Farah_ChocolateBar

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
    • www.oasweets.com
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
Got mine at the airport lounge last July 30. Sayang di naisali mga banks na nago-offer ng mga non-collateral based loans (like Banco de Oro), maganda rin mga terms nila pagdating sa funding ng negosyo.

Surprise, surprise. Isang ka-Entrep member ang na-feature doon. Kudos, Farah! ;)

Thank you po.... :)

accukix

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Serial Entrepreneur
    • alzheimer-free: photographing the moment
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 03:49:44 pm »
sir gabs,

could you expound on that non-collateral based biz loan?

wynxzl

• Full time entrepreneur
  • looking for the right jerry THAT'll make me rich!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 03:50:46 pm »

galing galing naman Farah_

sana mas dumami pang members ng forum ang ma feature sa entrep mag.

Gabs

• Novice
  • Full time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur 24/7
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 04:15:15 pm »
Quote from: rj.juarez
sir gabs,

could you expound on that non-collateral based biz loan?

Non-collateral loans : no collateral, no guarantors. Many banks are starting to issue out such opportunities. The requirements are standard fare, and their rates are quite attractive, they will definitely give other sources of loans/capital a run for their money.

You can see some of them here:
https://www.bdo.com.ph/Loans_Personal/bdo_personal_loan.htm
https://www.metrobank.com.ph/pl_flexicredit.asp
https://www.psbank.com.ph/cloan_fl.htm

PS. I'm not affiliated with any of these companies. I'm just posting them here for your own reference.

Farah_ChocolateBar

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
    • www.oasweets.com
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 09:00:59 pm »

Hi, sir wyn

galing galing naman Farah_

sana mas dumami pang members ng forum ang ma feature sa entrep mag.

Hi Sir wynxzl  :D

blessing_2000

• Novice
  • Business guru
  • Believe...It will happen...
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 10:22:22 pm »
Hi Farah! Wow! Ikaw pala yun. Ang ganda ng story mo. More power!  :D

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 01:11:53 am »
got mine at puregold this evening after our meeting.. .. hay sa wakas maaga rin sila nagkaroon..

magsubscribe ka lang sister! para you get yours without going anywhere... delivered right in your doorstep!  ;D

wag lang mapagtripan ni shiela, the dog!  ;D

Farah_ChocolateBar

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
    • www.oasweets.com
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 08:59:33 am »
Hi Farah! Wow! Ikaw pala yun. Ang ganda ng story mo. More power!  :D

Many Thanks Blessing_2000 :)

Jazon

• Full time entrepreneur
  • Mission: To get the world its number
    • Wellnex -- Your Health Information Site
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48:12 am »
This is the first time I bought Entrepreneur magazine and I have a few comments.

Rant:
*I bought the Entrepreneur magazine because I saw one of the features on the cover: Guide to getting your customers buy your high end product. This interested me because I have several high end products that I am having difficulty in retailing. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that the “guide” was not several pages, not a couple of pages, not even one page: it was a very short article not even occupying half the page. I was really disappointed by this.

*The article Play to Learn is incomplete. I do not know if the author is really interested in games, or if he did his research at all, but he missed some points. First he failed to mention probably the most comprehensive business simulation game of all time: Capitalism 2! This game covers nearly all aspects of business from purchasing to manufacturing to stock trading. You are given a capital then go make your own distribution channels (department store, jewelry shop, etc) and find your suppliers. You can even make your own products using raw materials (which you can mine or grow from crops or livestock or get from other companies). You can advertise your own products or improve them through research and development for complete market dominance! This is, in my view, the ultimate business simulation that was not even recognized in the article. Second, he did not mention our own online stock trading game from the PSE. This is where you can test your stock trading know-how. You are given some amount of cash and then trade your way into millions. Speaking of stock trading and businesses, he didn’t mention millionaire educator Robert Kiosaki’s patented board game Cashflow. I have played this game several times already and will play another round this Saturday. This game is all about creating passive income so it involves stocks, real estate, businesses, etc. It’s a good simulation for a board game and me and my entrepreneur friends play this from time to time to learn something new.
Now he mentioned Lemonade tycoon, but he didn’t mention that there are several more tycoon games out there, like Zoo Tycoon, Fish Tycoon, etc. There are also games likeTheme Hospital and Theme Park that simulates such settings.
For a former video game review writer and video game enthusiast like me, the exclusion of such prominent titles is unacceptable. While he did mention old time favorites like Starcraft and Warcraft,  think the games I mentioned are more suitable for an entrepreneur.
Hey, if you are looking for a simulation game for sports that businessmen play, there’s Pangya which is a relaxing yet competitive online golf simulation game.

Raves:
Okay, enough with my complaints. What I like about the magazine are the success stories of the people who dared to dream. These are stories which should be featured in everyday news to inspire and help us grow.  I especially liked the stories of Farah Orosco and her chocolate biz and Butch Salvador and his car repair biz. These are stories that I like to read for they show that people such as them are bigger than the challenges and obstacles they encounter. Hats off to you guys! I bow to you. I even picked up a few hints on how to expand and improve my own business through reading their stories as well as other people’s.

Will I buy another issue of Entrepreneur mag? The answer is yes! Despite the flaws I will share this issue with my friends and recommend that they buy their own copies too.

Close