th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos

Author Topic: Obtaining Customs Accreditation (CIIS) for import/export  (Read 30540 times)

eiram

• Novice
Obtaining Customs Accreditation (CIIS) for import/export
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:45:33 am »
 Hi,

Has anyone had the experience to obtain a customs accreditation (CIIS) for import/export?
I just want to know if this process is complicated such that one needs to have a contact in the
department or it can be done on our own?  Any experiences shared will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

epe212003 ipe

• Part-time entrepreneur
Re: Obtaining Customs Accreditation (CIIS) for import/export
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:01:07 pm »
hindi naman complicated. just comply don sa mga req't including yong mga NBI clearance etc.... may ka kilala akong broker sya lang nagprocess.

clark

• Novice
  • up, up and away
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 05:42:45 pm »
probably one way to obtain a CIIS is to approach your broker and let them do the processing. just submit requirements and pay them a minimal fee. we payed them around P1500....

hope this helps

eiram

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:19:03 pm »
Actually, the forwarding company I got in touch with says they can assist me in obtaining the CIIS
and it costs around 3000.00 to get accredited.  If I wanted their assistance they are charging me an
additional 3000-4000.00 which I think is too much.  If your brokers are cheaper I would be interested
to get in touch with them.  Please advise.  Thanks for the information.

sales_lady

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Trusted Online Merchant
    • Philippines' MOST TRUSTED Beauty & Fashion Online Merchant!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 07:21:53 pm »
my broker can give it at PHP6,500, this includes the CIIS, their processing fee and other charges to make ensure release of CIIS in one week.

if interested, do send me a message na lang po.  thanks!

edwin_edwin30

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:58:46 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone had the experience to obtain a customs accreditation (CIIS) for import/export?
I just want to know if this process is complicated such that one needs to have a contact in the
department or it can be done on our own?  Any experiences shared will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Good Day!

I have just read your query and hope i could be of great help to you.

I am presently doing business in 3major ports of the Philippines (i.e Port of Manila, MICP and NAIA) whose primary function is to assist individual in clearing their import and export requirements, etc. A Licensed Customs Broker (PRC Lic. 4213) by Profession.

For your further information:
1. Importers Accreditation are no longer handled by Customs Intillegence & Investigation Service (CIIS) and now transferred to Customs Accreditation Secretariat (CAS) pursuant to R.A. 9280.
2. A filing Fee of Php 1,000.00 for new applicant and Php 500.00 for renewal.
3. Submission of the ff. documents:

edwin_edwin30

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 10:20:31 pm »
continuation......

Below are the documentary requirements that need to be comply: (as per CMO 23-99)
1. Four copies of notarized accreditation application form with 2 x 2 pictures of applicant.
2. Mayor's Business Permit
3. VAT & NON VAT REGISTRATION
4. Tax Identification Number (TIN CARD)
5. If a corporation/partnership, SEC Registration of Incorportion, Articles of Incorporation and by Laws, as well as any amendments thereto.
6. If a sole proprietorship, DTI-BTRCP Registration of Business Name.
7. If a cooperative, CDA Certificate of Registration, Articles of Cooperation and By-Laws,
8. BOI Certificate of Registration, if applicable
9. Affidavit of no change of circumstances from last application
10. Name of retained Licensed Customs Broker (CERTIFICATION)
11. Other documents of information that may be required.

II. If documents are complete, Inspection of Applicant Business will follow (to check/confirmed the existence of Business).

III. If your shipment arrive but still do not have the accreditation. Call me at 0918-7288040/826-8645.

TO SAVE COST ON YOUR IMPORTS/EXPORTS,  email or call:

edwin_edwin30@yahoo.com
Licensed Customs Broker
PRC Cert. 4213
CP: (0918) 728-8040
Tel: 829-8645
Fax: 826-5211

rst cb

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 06:19:11 pm »

Add'l lang po.

Processing fee (Inspection fee) ng Customs personnel assigned to inspect your Office and Warehouse is depends on your office location. For example, Your office is within Manila, Paranaque, Mandaluyong, Makati... fees are ranging from 1,500 to 2,500. If outside Metro Manila, They demands much higher fees.

Other docs required aside from Edwin_edwin30 mentioned are:

> Electrec bill, telephone bill or water bill.
> Contact of leased, if the office is rented.
> Land title, if owned.
> Valid ID's

Aside from all mentioned required docs, Customs inspector need to take some photo of your office including the applicant's. This is a proof of customs personnel that he/she inspect your office.

Hope above helps.

RST C/B

eiram

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 06:58:21 pm »
Hi, RST/CB.

What if my office is my residence, do they need to see a proper office set up there? Also, about the warehouse,
what if I am going to use a distribution company for warehousing services, etc. what details would they require from the distribution company and will they have to visit them too?  Please advise.

Thanks!

p.s. Many thanks to all those who responded and shared their info on this topic.  It is very mucb appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:00:15 pm by eiram »

rolyn

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 02:53:58 pm »
Good Day!

Hindi na CIIS tawag doon eh! ang pag kakaalam ko may binabayaran n lang sa Cash Div. ng Bureau of Customs. New lang ba company nyo?
Anyway, If your interested may kilala akong Licensed Customs Broker call/txt him  na lang 0926-7441585 or email him at ianycortez@yahoo.com. His name is Ian Cortez. He process that for his clients. what is ur contact nos?

rst cb

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 07:03:20 pm »
Hi, RST/CB.

What if my office is my residence, do they need to see a proper office set up there? Also, about the warehouse,
what if I am going to use a distribution company for warehousing services, etc. what details would they require from the distribution company and will they have to visit them too?  Please advise.

Thanks!

p.s. Many thanks to all those who responded and shared their info on this topic.  It is very mucb appreciated!

Hi,

If you use your residence as your registered office/business, its allowed by Customs as long as all business permits are address in you residence. Regarding warehouse, Customs dont look so much on it. Its mandatory po talaga sa Customs inspector to visit the office of the applicant's.

Dati po CIIS accreditation ang tawag natin dito kasi po CIIS division ng Bureau of Customs ang nag ha-handle ng lahat ng accreditation/renewal.

Ngayon po Commissioner of Customs, delegated to Customs legal Division all accreditation/renewal ng mga importers. And then Customs Legal Div created a sub-division to handle all accreditation/renewal that they called now Customs Accreditation Services (CAS). CAS is composed of all inspectors from CIIS and legal officers of Legal division.

Fees for new applicants and renewal ay di parin po nag babago. Today medyo mahigpit sa requirement ang Customs sa new applicants kasi most of the evaluators are Lawyer. Kaya po medyo matagal ang releasing ng approval nila.

RST C/B

vien caeli

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 01:36:14 am »
my broker can give it at PHP6,500, this includes the CIIS, their processing fee and other charges to make ensure release of CIIS in one week.

if interested, do send me a message na lang po.  thanks!

bat kaya sis mas mahal sa yo? :)

zerglingboy

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 01:20:08 pm »
any updates kung magkano aabutin nito ngayun?

what if nakalagay sa line of business ko sa mayor's permit ay trading.  ok lng ba to??

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our email newsletter for useful tips and valuable resources.

Document
This section features advertisers who wish to announce business ideas, franchise options, or business suppliers. Should you wish to be a part of this sponsored section, please email advertise@entrepreneur.com.ph

Columns

Here are effective tips to help make your local delicacy business successful.