th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Rich Dad Poor Dad  (Read 75468 times)

MDRT

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
Rich Dad Poor Dad
« on: May 07, 2004, 02:18:29 am »
Rich Dad Poor Dad is a good book on the topic of personal finance...... it teaches people on how money can work for you... instead of people working for money.....easy to read and open up peoples mind on the subject of money

"a must read for millionaires"....JP Morgan

"A starting point for anyone looking to gain control over their financial future"....USA Today

Highly Recommended ....a Must Read for Entreprenuer!

royunde

• Novice
  • Life Planning is the key to financial success ...
    • Unde Financial Services
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:23:03 pm »

"a must read for millionaires"....JP Morgan

"A starting point for anyone looking to gain control over their financial future"....USA Today

Highly Recommended ....a Must Read for Entreprenuer!

I agree with the quotes above BUT it must also be emphasized that the book is also for the
non-entrepreneurs or the COMMON TAO.

There are lots of books in the market like  ....  9 Steps to Financial Freedom by N. Orman, etc.

The difficulty lies in the sense that these books are based on US financial climate. A reference material which gives the Pinoy Financial Environs would be fitting.

It is really good that we have references but our financial climate MUST be properly explained. And the point of view must be from a neutral party, NOT from an underwriter, broker, banker, etc. in order for it to be an UNBIASED proposal.

::)

si_j_s

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 10:48:30 pm »
I've read Rich Dad Poor Dad, it's 2nd and third book.  They are all good.

I wonder if there's similar book but in Philippine setting...

Brice

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 11:23:03 pm »

sino author .. sinabihan kasi ako uncle ko na i should read this book (rich dad poor dad) madami daw ako matututunan ...

sino po again author so that makabili na ako thanks

Elijah Alcantara

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Web Developer & SysAdmin
    • Philippine | Manila web hosting and domains
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 07:51:59 am »
Author is Robert Kiyosaki

I've heard of some books ppl recommended to me: marlo sanche'z 'pinoybisnes series'

'selling the invisible'

'e-myth revisited' by Gerber

Those books are on my to-read list  ;D

MDRT

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 07:43:28 pm »
"e-myth revisited" is good stuff... for people who has business and for those planning to start one....
"selling the invisible" i haven't read it yet

"books for less" they sell used books with reasonable price and a good selection

i have a friend who owned a small bookstore in makati and he carries "rich dad poor dad" and "cashflow quadrant" paperback edition for only P379 brand new ... just in case if your looking for that book

the richdad financial literacy program i mention about before cost about $200 or less

hey elijah which part of the RDPD book impact you the most?

iNsPiRed_tUPs

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur by HEART and MIND
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 07:07:41 pm »
I do agree with MDRT. RDPD is really a great book to read. Currently I am reading Part II (Cashflow Quadrant). I find the series enlightening and inspiring to do.

I say, Why don't we invite the author, Robert Kiyosaki? He would be able (hopefully) to put RDPD in a Philippine context.   

Elijah Alcantara

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Web Developer & SysAdmin
    • Philippine | Manila web hosting and domains
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 08:49:20 pm »
Well, the first part for one, when rich dad offered 5$ an hour for the little boys  ;) I'm at Chapter 3 now *still reading*   8)

possibility

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 01:20:33 am »
i tried 3 monhs ago asking richdad.com if RK can conduct a program here? the reply was RK was fully book for the rest of the year daw... i'll try it again..../////// philippine context...im sure he can.... hey tups have you played cashflow 101 before?

iNsPiRed_tUPs

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur by HEART and MIND
Cashflow 101
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 02:14:06 am »
Well, elijah... I recommend you to try the CASHFLOW 101 program. I attended the May 16 session and it tealy help me instilled the principals of Rich Dad Poor Dad in my mind. Hell, I dont mind to attend another session again. I met other aspired people like MDRT.

About having RK over here, thats too bad... If he gives a seminar here in the Philippines, he might have an audience that could fill the ARANETA COLISIUM. hehehe.

:))

MDRT

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 02:26:55 am »
hey tups......it's our pleasure to have you....i'm glad the program was able to help you.....such an inspiration to see young entreprenuer like you....i believe you'll make it big in the future... more power :)

mgsardea

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • :)
    • great bargain deals online
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 03:56:28 pm »
because of your posts I got really interested to read Rich dad Poor Dad
but medyo expensive yung hardbound, hut someone's selling me an audiobook worth P200
and an e-book for P75.
Will it be worth it to buy either of these or would it be much better if I'll have the actuall book?
please help tnx!

fastbooks

• Novice
  • Business Consultant
    • "connecting people and resources"
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 04:47:47 pm »
do find a circle of friends that can lend you the book.  I got book 1 and 3 and borrow from a friend the book 2 which is cash flow, in return i lend him my books. Another borrow my book and when she got the cd of 1 & 2 she gave me a copy.  ;) i got them in CD now  :-X

We also play in the office. I will schedule the game and post here so those in Libis can join us.   E-mail me and i maybe very kind to give you copy.  who knows....  ::)

now you should befriend me then.   :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 04:50:02 pm by fastbooks »

MDRT

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 06:25:21 pm »
i would recommend the book instead...  you can find the book in national bookstore or power books... but they're normally out of stock...... i have a friend who has a small bookshop in makati ....just get the paperback edition of Rich dad Poor Dad.... less than P400 :)

euroexchange

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 08:45:55 pm »
I read both Kiyosaki book Rich Dad Poor Dad and Cashflow quadrant. Anyone who wants to be financially free should read these books to change their employment paradigm and start to go into business. I also attended Cashflow 101 early 2003,or was it 2002.  it was conducted by Mr Borromeo, he was one of the first in the Phils to attend Kiyosaki's talks in singapore. A good mentor to coach me in the game. Get out of the rat race now!!! :) goodluck

Close