th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Importing Products  (Read 32258 times)

Spicykar

• Novice
Importing Products
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:38:20 am »
Hi, Anyone know hows the procedure for importing items here in the philippines? Iam planning to do this kind of business kasi, kaya lang konti lang idea ko. Can you share some ideas :) Thanks in advance

Spicy

rst cb

• Novice
Re: Importing Products
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:39:36 pm »
Hi Spicy,

For new company or individual who want to import any commodities with commercial value and or  in commercial quantity, you need to apply first for Importer’s Accreditation to the Bureau of Customs. Only accredited importers have the privileges to imports any commodities whether regulated imported commodities or freely imported commodities.

You need to hire the services of a licensed customs broker to handle, process and facilitate the releasing of your import/export shipment. The customs broker shall help you from pre- shipment such as opening of Letter of Credit (L/C) application, monitor the shipment arrival, process the import permits, handle documentation, compute duties and taxes, till delivery of shipment to importers warehouse.

For more queries Pls PM me.

Best regards,
RST C/B

Spicykar

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 09:59:45 am »
Thank you very much, Is this the same procedure like importing improper channel? Since im only new in this business, i would want to consider importing goods improperly :) and the value and quantity of my items are not really that big. What do you think?

Spicy

rst cb

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 01:03:57 pm »
Hi,

What do mean for improper channel? You can PM me to discuss further privately. Thanks

Best regards,
RST C/B

ingrid_g01

• Novice
  • exporter of home furnishings
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 11:33:50 pm »
Hi!  What products are you planning to import?  We are a group of importers and exporters maybe I can help you especially if you
want to economize.

Regards,

INGRID

nikki_seva

• Novice
  • Let GO and Let GOD
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 07:13:46 pm »
Hi! I'm importing a machine from China for company use, its a cutting machine, it turns out the company I bought it from has an export agent/broker who handles everything, do i still need a customs broker on my side? The company said all I need to do is wait for the notice for pick -up.
Can anyone help me?

rst cb

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 05:53:45 pm »
Hi Ms Nikki_sena,

For that mentioned commodity, you need the services of Licensed Customs Broker to do the customs releasing, documentation, and handle the delivery up to the warehouse/factory of your company.

Unless your agent in china arranged your cargo as door to door delivery, meaning your cargo will deliver
up to your door paid all the freight charges, delivery charges, ect.

If you have a copy Bill of lading, maybe i could help you to determine whether your cargo is door to door delivery or not.

RST CB ;)

HH

• Novice
  • Novice
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 04:02:21 am »
hi! Good day! i was reading about this article and found out that ms spicy and i had the same problem... i dont know anything about business... heres the situation....as i was surfing the net i found something intesting and had an idea to try selling it here without having business permit... after some inquiries i decided to order (after the all the 1 box with 1000 pcs of novelty items) to the manufacturer told me they can delivery the items thru DHL door to door service... my questions are as follows; will they(BOC) inspect the items or box even if its thru DHL door to door service? am i violating customs laws? will they confiscate the said items? what are the penalties and charges?

edwin_edwin30

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 03:16:19 pm »
hi! Good day! i was reading about this article and found out that ms spicy and i had the same problem... i dont know anything about business... heres the situation....as i was surfing the net i found something intesting and had an idea to try selling it here without having business permit... after some inquiries i decided to order (after the all the 1 box with 1000 pcs of novelty items) to the manufacturer told me they can delivery the items thru DHL door to door service... my questions are as follows; will they(BOC) inspect the items or box even if its thru DHL door to door service? am i violating customs laws? will they confiscate the said items? what are the penalties and charges?

Hi HH,

All article coming into the Philippines are passed through Customs Authority for collection of duties & taxes regardless of quantity and mode of service.

Door to Door service does not meant nakaiwas ka sa pagbabayad ng tax at wala ng customs inpection.

Wala nman violation sa customs pag DOOR-TO-DOOR for as long as bnayaran mo ung tax (directly or indirectly).

Ang advantage lang kasi ng door to door ay hihintayin mo na lng ang kargemento sa lugar mo (no need to go to customs for clearing)

Ang disadvantage lng nito ay sobra mataas ang charges (i.e. freight, handling, delivery, customs tax, etc.)

Kung ang iyong commodity ay wala naman sa listahan ng Prohibited Imports obviously no confiscation will be made.

Hope this helps,

edwin_edwin30@yahoo.com
Licensed Customs Broker
PRC Board Cert. 4213
Mobile 0918-728-8040

HH

• Novice
  • Novice
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 04:41:07 pm »
Salamat po ng marami sa agad nyong pagreply!!

Wala nman violation sa customs pag DOOR-TO-DOOR for as long as bnayaran mo ung tax (directly or indirectly). Paano ko po malalaman kun nabayaran ko yung tax  directly or indirectly?

Ang advantage lang kasi ng door to door ay hihintayin mo na lng ang kargemento sa lugar mo (no need to go to customs for clearing) Ilang araw po ba ang DHL door to door services? compared to other services na mas mura?

Ang disadvantage lng nito ay sobra mataas ang charges (i.e. freight, handling, delivery, customs tax, etc.) Oo nga eh... ano po ba pwdeng gawin para makamura?

Pwede po ba akong magimport without any established business or business permit to operate?

HH
(aspiring importer) hehehehe....

edwin_edwin30

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 08:36:42 pm »

HH,

Pointers to your question:

1. BCOR (Bureau of Customs Official Receipt) or Receipt issued by Authorized Agent Bank.

2. It would be proper if DHL can comment on average transit time.

In our case, the moment we get an arrival notice from the airlines....releasing follows and it takes us 1 day (the most) to clear shipment from customs.

3. Shop freight rates from different forwarders.

4. I suggest to start right from the beginning. You can import goods without securing Importer's Accreditation with the BOC so long as the Invoice value does not exceed $500.00 at hindi sya in commercial quantity.

Regards,

edwin_edwin30@yahoo.com

HH

• Novice
  • Novice
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 09:16:48 pm »
what the manufacturer told was i will pay ($110) the DHL door to door services for them and the will ship it to me.
ksama n kya sa $110 yung customs and taxes ng mga items? ang size ng box is  26*18*62cm and expected weight po is 11.5kg ang laman ng box is 1000 pcs..
whats the minimum so it wont be considered commercial quantity?
how to compute customs duties and taxes of imported goods?
kun sakaling magkaroon ng problema can you help me po?
how much would be your rate?
pls give me your contact number in any case i needed you help....
Thank you very much!
God bless!

rst cb

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 12:48:09 pm »
whats the minimum so it wont be considered commercial quantity?

Importation of commodities with value less than US$500 and the goods must be one of a kind, meaning 1 pc per item.

Spicykar

• Novice
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 01:33:31 pm »
Hi, Sorry ang tagal kong hinde nakapost dito, Iam planning to import sana mga fashion accesories and mga clothes sana. Paano kaya gawin ko? mag door to door pa ba ako?

Spicy

MI0NG

• Business guru
    • www.filgenllc.com
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 01:54:22 pm »
To those who want to excel on this import business, I strongly suggest to attend the 3-day training/seminar on importation at PTTC-DTI. Fees are minimal since it's subsidize by the government. And btw, some of the custom brokers will only give you a headache. So better equip yourself with knowledge in this kind of field.

Ask details here:

Seminars
Trade Business Management Division
Tel. nos. : 831-9988; 833-9325; 834-1344 to 49
Locals: 312; 315; 317; 318; 320; 326
Fax no. : 834-1343; 831-9988
E-mail : tbmd@pttc.gov.ph or info@pttc.gov.ph

https://www.pttc.gov.ph/home.php

Close