th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Philequity Mutual Fund, anyone?  (Read 34046 times)

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
Re: Philequity Mutual Fund, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 11:02:01 am »
Kimmie,

Sorry for making you confuse... no offense to anyone just saying my honest opinion...

by the way i also own mutual funds and equities. :)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:04:26 am by foolcha »

Kimmie

• Novice
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 11:20:05 am »
hey foolcha. it's ok. i'm open minded. at least i'm learning.  ;D ;D :D :D
which mutual fund company do you have investments in? i guess it's just ok to share.  ;D ;D

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 11:23:03 am »
Secret... just joking... HIHI...

First Metro Save & Learn, ATR Kim Eng Opportunity Fund and Kabuhayan Fund.

Kimmie

• Novice
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 11:50:02 am »
oh that's diversifying to the 3rd maximum level (cuz you have 3 MFs)  :D ;D ::)
i'll check them din nga in the future. so far, i'm ok muna with philequity.  :D :D

The Apprentice

• Novice
  • Carpe diem!!!
    • My Multiply Site
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 02:35:27 am »
Hi!

I'm back. I was training some people in Cagayan de Oro.

Here are my answers:

IMG is a brokerage comapny. Send me your email, and I can send you some details.

1. An agent could only handle the products for his company. A broker is not an employee. So a broker is less biased. He/She can handle many companies even ones that compete with each other. And in IMG, we train people to be brokers.

Here is a normal way of gaining investments:

You ---> Agent ---> Company

Here is what we offer in IMG:

You (broker) ---> Companies

We have eliminated the middleman. The commissions go to you directly.

2. And of course you don't need to be a broker to learn. You can learn by yourself. But you can take it a notch higher by learning from Registered Financial Planners. That's the main advantage. That's what we have.  ;)

3. And that is right. History does not guarantee performance. Of course! Nothing is ever guaranteed. That's why investmenst are always tied up to risk. But according to an article I read, this is the best approach.

Logically rin, the best basis if you have no other detail is still the history. That's why we have history lessons in our classes. We should learn from the past. In science, its called empirical data.

Mathematically rin, it would still be the statistical choice. That's why professional investors look at those numbers. And that's why they're there in the first place.   ::)

Mutual funds, especially open-ended ones are long term investments. You don't pull-out from one and reinvest it in another because in a particular time it's not doing good. The fund manager fixes these stuffs by reallocation within the fund itself. If you hop from one to the other, you'll be killed by all the entry fees and early withdrawal penalties. Then in effect, you gain less than staying in one fund. Just an advice. Don't take it if you don't want. It's your money anyway.

The Apprentice,

"But if you're a trained licensed broker, you'll know what you need. Then just assemble your own portfolio according to your needs (not the agent's sales talk) by accessing the product providers that supply these. And gain the commisions in the process."

Isn't a licensed broker almost or the same as a sales agent? IMO, it just more professional if your called a licensed broker.

"The logic is that as a client you still have to go to the mutual fund office to buy shares, then absolutely nothing changes when you become a broker. You still go to the office to buy or sell shares. That is still the only thing you have to do (plus you gain the financial savvy to understand investments, plus you gain commission, plus you can understand all these better)."

By the way, you don't need to be a licensed broker to be able to understand investments.

"I also have a blog outlining how to select mutual funds. You don't jsut look at the "now", you look at the history of the fund and also the fund manager. He calls the shot... if he leaves, then the fund might be in trouble if he didn't train his staff well about his methods. You look at the periods when the market is down then compare how the fund did against all the other funds during this period."

I IMHO, Just like the Mutual Fund Company says... past performance is not a guarantee of future performance... so how can you say you look at the history of the fund? it doesn't follow that even if the fund is the best in 10 years it will still be the following year.

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 11:33:57 pm »
The Apprentice,

Are you an RFP?

The Apprentice

• Novice
  • Carpe diem!!!
    • My Multiply Site
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32:32 pm »
I myself am not registered. But some of our mentors are. They paid the enrollment fees, studied for it, and took the exam. But guess what? All of us there in IMG are trained by these people for free as part of the members' benefits. In fact they are obligated to train. So we know the do's and don't of investing, saving, and doing the brokerage business.

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 03:22:25 pm »
my exam ba yun?

The Apprentice

• Novice
  • Carpe diem!!!
    • My Multiply Site
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 10:36:51 am »
Yung position ng registered financial planner? Yes. There's an exam after your studies.

For the IMG broker/dealer, you will be licensed under the company. So there's no need to take an exam. But you will have access to unlimited training ranging from financial planning to the specific products provided by each company.

my exam ba yun?

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 08:59:09 pm »
Apprentice,

there is no exam for an RFP Designation... ask Mr. Arandilla or Mr. Borja of IMG they know since they are an RFP.

Kimmie

• Novice
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 09:56:54 am »
what are you guys talking about?  ::) ::) :P :P ;D :D

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 04:20:06 pm »
Being a Registered Financial Planner. :)

Kimmie

• Novice
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 05:42:25 pm »
haha alright.  ;D

philequity na lang pag-usapan niyo. tumaas NAV nila, ah.  :D :D ::)

The Apprentice

• Novice
  • Carpe diem!!!
    • My Multiply Site
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:28 am »
Hi Foolcha,

Yes, that is now the current set-up. There is still a comprehensive paper that is now the equivalent of the exam.

Yes, I know Noel Arandilla even as a friend. He took an exam pa then. They have just changed the process. But you still have to make the final paper in place of the exam.

The steps to be one are as folows:

PATH TO RFP®

Becoming a RFP® professional requires the completion of four steps.

STEP 1 - EDUCATION

You must complete the education program offered by RFPI Philippines. The program consists of the following courses:

(1) Financial Planning
(2) Investment Planning
(3) Insurance Planning
(4) Tax and Retirement Planning

STEP 2 - EXAMINATION

Once you complete the education program, you can write the RFP® Exam. The examination will consist of one Financial Planning case exam and multiple-choice questions.

STEP 3 - EXPERIENCE

In order to obtain the RFP® certification, you need to have at least two years of financial planning related experience. This experience can be obtained before writing the RFP® Exam.

STEP 4 - ETHICS

Once you become a RFP® professional, each year you must attest that you have complied with the RFPI Code of Ethics and have met the annual Continuing Education requirements. The RFP® designation must be renewed annually.

Apprentice,

there is no exam for an RFP Designation... ask Mr. Arandilla or Mr. Borja of IMG they know since they are an RFP.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:17:15 am by The Apprentice »

foolcha

• Novice
  • Financial Planner ®
    • Filipino-Entrepreneur
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 08:48:37 pm »
Tama you have to prepare a comprehensive financial plan.

Close