th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: Why you should NEVER do business with a JG SUMMIT Robinsons company  (Read 6429 times)

alesandro

• Novice

I am thanking God that we are already very, very well off (sorry if it sounds arrogant), if not, we would have plunged into poverty because of our ventures into JG SUMMIT / ROBINSON COMPANIES and how they do business.  You will be so glad you read this if you are planning on doing business with them.

We are your typical filipino-chinese family who have parents that live and breathe business. We own 3 large businesses that engage into retailing, trading/importing and garments manufacturing and around 20 or so small/medium enterprises ranging from an internet cafes and canteens. MY parents are REALLY GOOD in Business.  We have boutiques and stores in almost all SMs and Robinsons Malls. (in SM Megamall we have 4 brands clothing/cosmetics) * I will not mention them for the sake of anonymity *

This is a quick story guide on why YOU SHOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ROBINSONS / JG SUMMIT.  These are from my parents and from the filipino-chinese community that have engaged business with them.

1.  NEVER BE A CONCESSIONAIRE IN ANY ROBINSONS DEPARTMENT STORES.

STORY #1 : Family Friend
- We own a garments factory and we employ around 300 plus employees.  We are the largest subconsignment of the brand JAG (they also own Kenny Rogers and Seatles Best Coffee FYI) .   They are consistently in the top 5 selling brands in Robinsons Department Stores. Robinsons charges 27% of sales just like SM but heres the thing which is really unprofessional.  They start you off at 24% but when they see you are really pulling in serious cash, they slowly jack it up to 27% then to 32%.  They then (JAG) decided to pull some of their displays to manage the increase in percentage robinsons dept store is asking.  LOW AND BEHOLD, they will not let you pull out even though you are losing money WHEN THERE IS NO-ONE TO TAKE THE SPACE YOU WILL BE VACATING.

STORY #2
- We are good friends with the owners to TV HOME SHOPPING.  They are concessionaires in ROBINSONS DEPT STORES.  They are taiwanese. They sell growth pills, boob enlargement pills etc. Robinsons did the same thing, they started jacking up their percent because they saw they were making money.    They decided to pull out because of this because they are now losing money.  The same story.... Robinsons would not let them go with some stupid excuse that there is no one to take the space they are vacating which is not in the contract.  TV HOME SHOPPING threatened to sue them.

STORY #3
- This is from personal experience.  They ask money from you when they are not making much money in the form of payment for being featured in their monthly sale brochures.  YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PAY OR THEY WILL THREATEN TO EVICT YOU.

LESSON OF THE STORY :  NEVER BE A CONCESSIONAIRE IN ROBINSONS MALLS.  YOU WILL NOT MAKE MONEY.

2.  NEVER LEASE IN ANY ROBINSON MALLS.

Its ok to lease space in SM even though the rates are really high because you are assured of volume but be very skeptical about Robinsons malls because they do not have the same foot traffic and appeal as SM.

RObinsons even has the nerve of saying that we have the same rates as SM malls because we can generate the same traffic (BS)   

ROBINSONS lease contracts at the start will give you a 6 month contract term. After seeing that you are starting to make money, they will start selling you overpriced fire insurance then they will jack up your security deposit then increase the term of the contract.  THEY ONLY DO THIS WHEN THEY SEE THAT YOUR POS SALES ARE GOOD.  they are literally snakes.

LESSON OF THE STORY :  NEVER LEASE FROM ROBINSONS MALLS

NEVER FRANCHISE FROM ANY ROBINSONS COMPANY eg HOTLOOPS

Story #1

They will sell you 3000 php worth of donuts everyday whether you like it or not whether you sell them or not. If you are unable to sell all of them 300 plus donuts a day, you cant sell them tomorrow.  My friend has been literally giving them away because they would THREATEN TO CLOSE YOU DOWN IF YOU DONT BUY 3000 php of donuts EVERYDAY even if you are unable to sell them. 

LESSON OF THE STORY :  NEVER FRANCHISE FROM ROBINSONS

I have more robinsons related stories from a lot of our family friends and suppliers.  It would be too long to put them all here but i think you get the picture.  Since our 3 companies are somewhat very big already, we are just maintaining our ROBINSONS boutiques and concessions for the sake of exposure.  Even if SM rates are higher, we always achieve volume unlike in robinsons
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:13:55 pm by denis »

Kuskos-Balungos

• Full time entrepreneur
  • Master Builder
Re: Why you should NEVER do business with a JG SUMMIT Robinsons company
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:53:01 am »
Thanks for sharing.

koline tongue

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • SuperGirlTalker & ExtremeCosmoFan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 10:33:11 am »
thanks for the info. will share this to my friends. ;)

ergon

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 11:05:12 am »
I'm sorry for being critical about your posts, alesandro, but can you substantiate your claims? I looked you up in the net and it seems to me that you specifically setup your email account for the sole purpose of posting this message. What's up with that?

I really would like to know if what you're saying is true. I know people connected with the said company and would like to know if they are at risk like you said.

Best regards.

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 05:56:09 pm »
you know the old saying?

ang maniwala sa sabi-sabi, walang bait sa sarili!

in case, you guys dont know... this forum is owned and run by Summit Media, one of the businesses of the Gokongwei conglomerate which includes JG Summit and Robinsons Department Store.  ;)

heniwey, may contract naman yan for sure... check what is stipulated in the contract... if you feel that the contract is not followed then you can always ask legal help...

2nd, ibang usapan na kung di mo naintindihan o binasa ung contract... medyo shunga shunga ka na nun kung pumirma ka sa contract ng di mo lam kung ano pinirmahan mo...

it is so easy to create a post and say a lot of things... hoping that some people will believe it... baka urban legend lang 'to huh! lam nyo un? di ba sa email dami mga spam... tapos ung mga engot naman eh naniwala agad agad... di muna nagresearch kung may katotohanan nga...

ganun din 'to... research muna kayo kung totoo ito...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:46:14 pm by butangera »

keneth

• Full time entrepreneur
  • need extra income? pm me for details
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:41:26 pm »
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

napakatagal na ng JG SUMMIT.. icipin nga natin kung ganun sila gumawa sa negosyo, tingin nyo tatagal sila ng ganun.. sa business pagmanggagantso ka sa simula ka lang kikita, di yun tatagal ng one decade... eh sila masmatanda pa sakin eh...

again... remember...

ang naniniwala sa sabi-sabi, walang bait sa sarili... gets?

Kuskos-Balungos

• Full time entrepreneur
  • Master Builder
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 11:55:04 pm »
I think the thread starter is just giving a word of caution...It is up to the reader to believe it or not through own investigation... ;)

Ricko

• Novice
  • A company is only as good as the people it keeps.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 02:13:09 pm »
I think the thread starter is just giving a word of caution...It is up to the reader to believe it or not through own investigation... ;)

Still, statements like this should be viewed with caution. How would you like it if someone posted a negative comment about you and tells the readers "its up to you if you believe it or not" then wont even show facts or even dates of what happened, to whom and why. Regardless, the damage has been done.

To the poster, you should include facts, company names or people who are directly affected. If your reason for withholding that information is for anonymity then its like saying you are unsure of what your statements and want to avoid scrutiny. That is itself is the indication of a lie. If you want people to believe you, be transparent. Show facts not hearsay.

I'm not from Robinson's but I am an aspiring businessman. This kind of statement makes me wary of doing business with Robinsons but I would need to know the facts before believing.

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 04:53:21 pm »
this is exactly my sentiments...

marami ng posters ang nagpost ng kung ano ano na kesyo si ganito ganoon, si ganoon ganito... tapos nagtatago sa isang user ID...

people who want to accuse other people should have the balls to put their real names, their company name, their addresses and contact details...

madaling magkalat ng tsismis... lalong lalo na mga tsismoso't tsismosa mga tao... di man lang verified ung nabasa, ung narinig, ung nasagap na balita eh andun na sa kapitbahay para magbalita...

di naman ang JG Summit, Robinsons, or kung ano pa mang company ang issue dito...

ang iniisyu is that posters post things like this na mahirap maverify... it's up to us kung maniwala o hinde... pero napaka-irresponsible ng ganitong posts kasi...

as posters, maging responsable lang naman tayo...

Still, statements like this should be viewed with caution. How would you like it if someone posted a negative comment about you and tells the readers "its up to you if you believe it or not" then wont even show facts or even dates of what happened, to whom and why. Regardless, the damage has been done.

To the poster, you should include facts, company names or people who are directly affected. If your reason for withholding that information is for anonymity then its like saying you are unsure of what your statements and want to avoid scrutiny. That is itself is the indication of a lie. If you want people to believe you, be transparent. Show facts not hearsay.

I'm not from Robinson's but I am an aspiring businessman. This kind of statement makes me wary of doing business with Robinsons but I would need to know the facts before believing.

ajichiban83

• Part-time entrepreneur
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:00:59 pm »
hmm..i wonder if this thread will be deleted..posting on the enemy's home turf haha

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 05:53:24 pm »
bwahahaha! as far as am concerned, nirerespeto ko ang freedom of speech and expression kaya kung made-delete 'to, hinde ako nagdelete nun! bwahahaha!

hmm..i wonder if this thread will be deleted..posting on the enemy's home turf haha

blessing_2000

• Novice
  • Business guru
  • Believe...It will happen...
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 06:10:08 pm »
Online ako nung pumutok ang thread na ito. Pinag isipan ko kung dapat ngang i delete pero wala naman sa guidelines namin na i delete ang anumang sinasabi against summit. hehehe. Hindi rin namin ito pinag usapan (mga moderators) in short, deadma lang kami kasi hindi dahil pinagtatanggol namin ang company pero wala lang, may kanya kanya naman tayong kusang desisyon para maniwala. Pero honestly siguro mga more than 5 post na ng thread starter ang na delete ko dahil once in a while ay bumabalik sya dito sa forum para lang i repost ang post nya. Same content din naman. Kaya dine delete ko na lang.

Maaaring sanay na rin ang Summit sa mga ganitong issues. Lahat naman prone sa tsismis at sa pag bad mouth. Nasa tao na lang kung sino talaga paniniwalaan nila. Mapa malaking tao or mapa maliit na tao ay prone dyan kaya walang bago sa ganitong issue.

Pero di nga ba parang ang sports naman ng Summit kung hahayaan ang isang tulad nya na magsalita ng malaya sa dito sa ating forum?  ;D

Close