th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: MicroBusiness Questionnaire  (Read 166231 times)

accukix

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Serial Entrepreneur
    • alzheimer-free: photographing the moment
MicroBusiness Questionnaire
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:42:56 pm »
hi friends and forumers..

ask sana help.  i have this research subject sa UP visayas and im making a paper about micro-business.  as described in some of the post here, microbusiness is a start-up businesses with 3M or less capitalization with 10 or less full-time equivalent (FTE) employees.

i guess most of us started or are still in this category.  at present im developing a questionnaire to better pour out the needs, experiences and viewpoints of a microentrepreneur.  the things i have in mind are questions relating to:

1.  government support needed
2.  finance window requirements
3.  demographic of a microentrepreneur
4.  experiences and challenges.

feel free to add or craft a question and then we will consolidate and answer the questions together from february 1-7, 2009.

thank you.

rj (accukix)

accukix

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Serial Entrepreneur
Re: MicroBusiness Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 07:53:06 pm »
ABSTRACT

Senator Manny Villar has consistently espoused the “culture of entrepreneurship” as being the key to economic growth and the upliftment of the Filipino.  He has decried our “employee mentality” as one of the reasons for our economy’s failure to move as fast as our neighboring countries, and our long infatuation for employment in multinationals and corporate enterprises.  For much of his life, the Senator has pushed for giving importance to small- and medium-scale enterprises in order to achieve sustainable economic growth, citing his own rise from a small entrepreneur to his successful position today.

Today, among the new buzzwords is “microentrepreneurship”, as government and business have come to realize that this is the area where creativeness, perseverance, and daring – traits that entrepreneurs are said to possess – can provide the seed of growth in the countryside and in the poorer urban areas of the country.  This idea has taken root from the realization that there exists an “informal sector” or an “underground economy” that can be successfully exploited by microentrepreneurs.

How does one encourage micro-entrepreneurship?  A complaint that has often been raised is that micro-entrepreneurs lack access to financial services.  It has often been said that traditional financial institutions are wary of lending to the poor because of the high credit risk perception, the lack of collateral, and the high transaction costs of processing small loans.  Hence, this has been cited as the reason for the poor getting trapped in the cycle of relying on loans from family and friends, whose supply of funds is of course limited, or worse, from moneylenders, or “5-6” lenders at very high rates of interest.

Micro-finance has been said to be the answer to this perennial problem.  The government in fact has declared micro-finance to be the cornerstone of the country’s fight against poverty.  In the beginning, micro-finance was seen to be the way of providing the poor with very small loans (micro-credit) to help them engage in productive activities or to grow their small businesses.  Providers of these funds are known as micro-finance intstitutions (MFIs), which in the past ten years have been observed to have made remarkable progress in reaching increasingly large number of the poor in a more financially viable manner.

However, MFIs have also been constrained from taking full advantage of opportunities available in this sector – such as encouraging thrift and savings, providing credit to budding enterprises, etc. – because of the limitations of the existing infrastructure.  For one, the cost of servicing or using standard facilities for financial transactions outweighs the benefits, and moreover, the options are sometimes not even available.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:38:48 pm by accukix »

accukix

• Part-time entrepreneur
  • Serial Entrepreneur
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:11 pm »
the research instrument is composed of 4 parts  namely:

I.   General Information
II.  Interrelated Roles and Responsibilities of the Stakeholders
III. Developing a Culture of Entrepreneurship
IV. Microenterprise Business Model and Profile

i'll make a thread for each part of the questionnaire since i expect a lot of discussions in the juicier topics..hehe  most of what i have asked in the questionnaire are things that have developed from our own informal discussions and debates in some of the older threads here.

i hope that we can revive the old debate-loving idea exchanges here in entrepreneur philippines.

here's the 1st part thread:  https://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=46457.0
here's the 2nd part thread:  https://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=46458.0

thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:32:14 pm by accukix »

butangera

• Novice
  • Business guru
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 03:59:07 pm »
ang lawak kasi ng topic kaya di ko maisip sasabihin ko...

lam mo, yan nga ang isa sa mga visions ko... i want to encourage entrepreneurship among the poor... di ba nga we started one in 2006 kaya lang di lang talaga kinaya ng powers kasi nga may kanya kanya nga ring buhay... pero i found somebody who's willing to help me... wait ko lang daw sya... paguwi na sya for good dito... ewan kung totohanin pa rin nya pangako nya to me.  ;D

palagay ko marami naman talaga ang gusto at nangangarap na magnegosyo... kaya lang di nila lam where to start... kasi nga kulang sila sa kaalaman... eh kung ako nga (oo! aminado ako!), marami na 'kong nabasang libro, nagbabasa rin ako dito, marami na rin akong nakakausap na entrepreneur (isa ka na accukix!) pero nagkandaloko loko pa rin biz ko for the past 6 months... ngayon lang ulet ako nagpick up ng pieces...

sabi ng mommy ko, di naman daw dahil i dont know how to run the business pero kulang daw talaga ako sa experience... ang prayer lang daw nya is before maubos ang puhunan ko eh natuto at napalago ko na 'to. whahaha!

mahirap talaga... dati it's old knowledge lang... it's all theories... maraming tumatakbong ideas sa utak ko... marami akong concepts natutunan sa school... pero pagdating sa application, bokya! whahaha! for my part, katangahan lang talaga... katangahan in the sense that i trusted the wrong people...

pero di naman ako nawawalan ng pagasa... nakatayo pa rin naman ako... patuloy pa rin biz ko... toned down nga lang kasi mag-isa na lang ako... plus i have school work pa...

gusto ko sana magput up ng seminar/workshop like the ones we started in 2006 for free... just to encourage the people to go into biz... magbigay ng opportunities for microfinance... magturo ng mga whatever biz na kayang kaya nila simulan kahit maliit lang puhunan... mga ganun ba?! pero siguro matagal pa yan... unahin ko muna palaguin biz ko, tapusin ko school ko, mag CPA board tsaka ko pa siguro masimulan yan pag may ready na 'ko pera to infuse into that kind of activity...

marami akong kilala who's starting small... nagtityaga... kung ikukwento ko mga dinaanan ko for the past 6 months, maiisip nyo eh parang kargador pala ako sa pier?! whahaha! ok lang naman mahirapan kasi alam mo at naniniwala ka na may kakapuntahan ang paghihirap mo...

jazz rayos

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:51:26 am »
hi Butangera.. ntuwa q kc isa din aqng nagaasam mgkaruon ng negosyo. kso kulang nga din s kaalaman kc kng w8 ko mgkaruon ng work eh dming competion dis tym so mgnegosyo n lng kso dming pumpsok n negatives skin bka di lumago gus2 q sana ineternet cafe un business.. mngngutang nga lng aq pangcapital s parents q dhil may sarili n din aqng pamilya kso fter skul dp q ngwowork. hay buhay kc ngyn! kso naicp q baka malugi aq pano q babayaran hhramin qng capital.. hay!
ano nga pla business mo? hehehe.
salamat.

charlie4031

• Novice
    • FREE 7-day Training on How to Build Your MLM Business Online
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 10:07:40 am »
Ang sarap talaga isipin if we can encourage a lot of our fellowmen to venture into business. Kaya lang natural sa mga pinoy ata ang hindi maging risk takers eh.

I know a lot of friends who always want to start their own business and they do have the capital to do it, but still they try to stick it out with their 8-5 jobs kahit na puro complain lang din ang naririnig ko sa kanila. I was in that position a few months back. It was last year that I got that nagging feeling na talaga to start-up a business and I have to agree with you hindi siya madali talaga.

Constant challenge not only of putting up your business and running it but more in overcoming your constant fears and frustrations. Hanggang ngayon I'm still struggling with it but I just try to appreciate and be thankful of the little victories that come.

I believe that if we want to encourage entrepreneurship in many of our countrymen it has to go way beyond just providing financing and training. Because honestly that is the easy part. The challenge is getting people into that right mindset for business. We are really brought up to be employees and in today's world being employed will never make you reach your dreams. I know that now after 10 years of hard work for those multinational companies.

@jazz rayos - go for it! :) sabi nga nila the surest way to fail is to not try at all.
@butangera - you'll make it big! you have a good mindset and dream
@accukix - God bless sa research

nova

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 05:42:43 pm »
wow! very inspiring naman ang mga post nyo bros and sis!

good luck to those people who have the courage to go into ventures!
excited na kong mag effective ang resignation date ko!!!
para full time entrepreneur na rin ako!!!
wuhooo!

ventura

• Novice
    • Money Making Updates
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 02:16:45 pm »
Ui, thanks for the nice info!

rhina

• Novice
  • Taipan
  • BERDUGO
    • A.R.N. Andres Enterprises
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 07:33:59 pm »

Hi,
Wanna earn dollar while looking on ads?
gusto nyo po bang kumita ng extra income or pangdagdag po sa inyong kinikita?...pakibisita nyo po ito https://moneyhours.webs.com totoo po ito at sigurado

Hi,
Do you like to have extra income? Please visit this site https://moneyhours.webs.com this is true and guaranteed.

Please be guided by the rules and regulations of the forum.
If you need to advertise, create your own thread instead of posting out of topic replies in other forumer's threads.
This serves as your first warning..

richardfrench

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:35 pm »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I am amazed to see the help everyone is doing for each other. I hope to share and gain some great information with all.

Coach Ryan Vergara

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 09:42:39 pm »
I guess most of those who want to start a business should ask the ff:

1. What problem do I wanna solve?
2. Why do I wanna solve it?
3. What solutions are available but aren't delivered massively?
4. Am I the right person already to deliver such solutions? If not, what can I do to grow myself to be the right person?
5. How can I deliver the solution massively and efficiently? What systems can I create?
6. How do I fund this business plan?

I believe government or any external support for that matter should not be the determinant for starting any business but the solution. The external funding can only be acquired through enough credibility on the part of the entrepreneur.

Newbiznis

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »
I guess most of those who want to start a business should ask the ff:

1. What problem do I wanna solve?
2. Why do I wanna solve it?
3. What solutions are available but aren't delivered massively?
4. Am I the right person already to deliver such solutions? If not, what can I do to grow myself to be the right person?
5. How can I deliver the solution massively and efficiently? What systems can I create?
6. How do I fund this business plan?

I believe government or any external support for that matter should not be the determinant for starting any business but the solution. The external funding can only be acquired through enough credibility on the part of the entrepreneur.

Great pointers sir, will reconsider/revise my plans with these questions in mind.

Thanks!

davidgere

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 03:02:41 pm »
Its a good post. Thanks!

saraparker

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 03:23:07 pm »
Thanks for the information.

nicolelane

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 01:47:20 pm »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I am amazed to see the help everyone is doing for each other. I hope to share and gain some great information with all.

Close