th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram cross photos entrep-logo-svg

Author Topic: What is Multi-Level Marketing or MLM and its advantages and disadvantages?  (Read 3205 times)

walterericsy

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
People nowadays whether they are involved or not in this industry are familiar and with the word Multi-Level Marketing or MLM. There are people who are open minded or have a negative approach in this industry.

Some would say that its a scam which is their usual if not most of the time their objection, its so expensive to be part of this business,  its so hard to do so they quit which happens most of the time, or you make somebody else to become rich, and other issues.

On the other side, some would tell their countless success stories and how the business still compensated them for their efforts, they will find a way to start and do the business no matter how much it takes. Yes its hard from start but you will make money how much you want IF... you're committed to work hard and smart given the time you want to allot, it will make you a successful leader and business person in the long run as long as you continue to do your developed plan or strategy, and other issues.

Multi-Level Marketing or MLM, also called network marketing, is a marketing strategy in which a distributor gets a commission by selling a product or service. Distributors also get a commission when he or she convince people to sign up to their business.

Here are the advantages of being part of MLM:

1. It takes SMALL capital to start the business- Most businesses need a large capital to start up a business and most people cannot afford to shell out that big money not unless you are a rich or you have many connections the people you know who are willing to lend you money. In this industry, whatever your age, status or background in life is open to join as long as you afford to pay the SMALL investment.

2. Time flexibility- You can work anytime and anywhere you want. You are the boss of your business.

3. Income potential- It's up to you how much you want to earn depending on your effort. Unlike on a regular employee it has a fixed salary.

If you think about it you'll make money if you are committed and developed a plan or strategy to be successful in this business.

Here are the disadvantages of being part of MLM:

1. High failure rate- It is said that 97% of networkers fail because they tend to have frustrations upon repeated rejection, thus they quit in this business. What they do is either to hop from one MLM company to another or they'll just totally stop doing the business and nothing else.

2. It's a scam or pyramiding- This is perhaps the most controversial issue you need to address to the people you'll encounter along the way and we would want to clarify this misunderstanding. Most people think that all MLM are scams. Of course, NOT all MLM companies are scams. So don't have a stigmata that all MLMs are scams because it's actually the other way around. Legitimate MLM offers valuable product/s to sell once you invest and must be transparent to show documentations to operate the business and compensation plans.
unlike scams they only offer "promises" meaning no product/s once you invest and will present you doubtful documentations and compensation plans.

It takes serious due diligence to research should you choose to join an MLM company that suits best for you. Research their company profile, compensation plans, documentations, and everything you need to know before joining. Once you decided to join just do the business happily, be committed, and come up with a plan or strategy to become successful someday.

Happy making money! =)

Walter Sy
Blogger @ Make Money with Walter and Jen
www.walterandjen.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/walterandjenn

Willse92

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
Woah! This is so interesting! I haven’t heard about it before. I was planning to opt for Google Adwords Management for taking my business on top in the search engine result pages. I think I came across a very informative post, I wouldn’t mind getting this done for the betterment of my business.

Willse92

• Novice
  • Entrepreneur reader
Wow! This is such and edifying post. I knew nothing about Multi-Level Marketing before this. I have also started a business and I think this is going to be just perfect for that. Google Adwords Management will also be able to help in advertising and shooting up my business in the SERPs.

Close