Drum up interest in your existing food cart, or start a new trend by creating new menu or putting a twist on old products.
Take, for instance, the all-time favorite siomai: It doesn\\\'t always have to be made from pork. Using deboned fish meat can even make your siomai healthier.
Worrying about the taste? This recipe gives siomai an exciting new flavor. You can use milkfish, bidbid (giant herring, which is similar to milkfish), tilapia or labahita (sturgeon fish).
INGREDIENTS and approximate prices:
- 1 kg Fish meat, flaked, P160/kg
- 1 pc Egg, medium size, P5
- 2 packs Molo wrapper (1.5?x1.5?), P33 per 60-pcs pack
- 3/4 tablespoon Salt, refined
- 1 teaspoon Phosphate
- 1/4 cup Chilled water
- 1/4 cup TVP Powder
- 1/2 cup Carageenan
- 1/2 cup Chilled water
- 1/2 tablespoon White pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup Young green onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon BF Blend
You can buy the ingredients for the extenders and the curing mix at Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center (contact details on the last page). You may choose not to use extenders and still have a good profit. However, the product may shrink while being cooked if you don\\\'t use extenders.