To say that Facebook has gone a long way from its 2004 launch is quite an understatement. More than 800 million active users access the social networking service through both desktop browsers and mobile apps (by its own estimation), which makes Facebook an indispensable promotional and engagement tool for businesses of all types. Novices in self-promotion and entrepreneurs in need of new promotion and marketing tactics would do well to leverage Facebook, particularly four of its business-friendly features that work in tandem (Pages, Ads, Sponsored Stories and Platform).
[related|post]It has become common practice for entrepreneurs, SMEs and major corporations to create and maintain a Facebook Page alongside their websites. In fact, some use their Facebook Page as their primary site or storefront!
The setup process is a breeze, and your Page will be ready to go after just a few minutes.
1. Click the green “Create a Page” button on the upper right hand portion of your screen.
2. Choose from six Page types:
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
3. Choose the appropriate category for your business, type in your company name, and agree to Facebook\\\'s Terms of Service
4. Spruce up your Page with your company\\\'s photo or logo, brief company background, business location, your site\\\'s URL, etc.
The main thing to remember is that your business\\\' Facebook Page doesn\\\'t just help you promote your various product and service offerings. Everything that\\\'s posted on your Page\\\'s Wall should spark meaningful conversations with your target audience and obtain valuable feedback from them. Here are several ways to get consumers to make your Page a routine online stop: