Five Tips to Reach Your Audience
1. Rank higher in search engine results. Want your website to rank higher in search results? If so, then search engine optimization (SEO) is the right strategy for your business. One key factor in determining your website’s rank in results, is the presence of useful and information-rich pages with content that is concise and relevant to viewers.
It also helps to make sure that your site is available for indexing. For example, you can submit your website to Google for indexing. You can even get reports that contain information like which keywords trigger results that include your site from the Webmaster Tools section.
2. Tailor your messages. People click on ads that give them what they’re looking for. When building a search marketing campaign on a platform like AdWords, identify the relevant keywords by anticipating your customers’ search behavior and choosing those that are most likely to lead potential customers to your ad. To get the best results, your keywords should be directly related to your product and the content of your your ads. The better the ads are at giving people what they’re looking for, the better the returns for marketers.
3. Don’t make your audience work for the information. To increase the likelihood of a sale, make sure the URL in your ad directs people to the specific page within your website that clearly displays the product you offered in your ad. Typical Internet users make quick decisions about whether to stay on a website- so don’t leave them guessing.
4. Make it easier for your audience to find you offline, online. Want people to visit your brick and mortar store? Nearly 97 percent of people search for local businesses online. Make your physical store more visible in search results by adding your address, map and pictures on Google Places for Business, for free.
5. Harness the power of data analysis. Monitor your campaign with free web analytics tools. Whether you are looking to generate higher website traffic or increasing online sales, looking at the data can help you better target your campaign. Use conversion-tracking software to determine which keywords are leading to clicks, and which clicks to sales. If something isn’t working, retool and try again.