Listed real estate firms Ayala Land Inc. and Megaworld Corp. were named best developers of the year in The Outlook 2018: Philippines Buyers’ Choice Property Awards organized by online real estate platform Lamudi Philippines. This year’s awarding ceremony was held last November 15.
The two led the list of 21 winning property developers that were selected by a panel of industry leaders and experts as well as through a survey of 10,000 property seekers on the Lamudi platform.
“The quality of the nominations this year just goes to show that the local property development market is thriving and evolving according to the changing needs of the market,” said Bhavna Suresh, CEO of Lamudi Philippines, in a statement. “Needless to say, we had a difficult but nonetheless remarkable job of sifting through the submissions as each was deserving of recognition in their own right.”
Ayala Land was selected as the best developer of the year in Luzon while its units took home three other awards, including both awards for condominium of the year in the Visayas and Mindanao, with Alveo Land’s Solinea in Cebu winning best premium condo and Amaia Land’s Amaia Steps Mandaue winning best affordable condo. As well, Avida Land’s Avida Towers Asten in Makati won the best premium condo of the year award for trust and reputation of developer in Luzon.
Meanwhile, Andrew Tan-led Megaworld Corp. was awarded best developer of the year for the Visayas and Mindanao. It was also recognized for its township developments around the country, with the Iloilo Business Park awarded best mixed-use development in the Visayas and Mindanao, and McKinley Hill in Taguig being named best mixed-use development in Luzon for amenities and location.
Awardees were categorized by the location of the property (Luzon and Visayas and Mindanao), type of development (housing, condominiums and mixed-use) and the average price of property units (affordable, premium and luxe). Special awards were also given for the best green project, most innovative project and personality of the year.
Here is the full list of awardees for The Outlook 2018:
- Best Developer of the Year: Ayala Land Inc.
- Best Boutique Developer of the Year: Primehomes Real Estate Development Inc.
- Best Affordable Condo of the Year, Value for Money: Sorrento Oasis, Filinvest Land Inc.
- Best Affordable Condo of the Year, Investment Opportunity: Ridgewood Towers Premier, C5 Mansions Development Corp.
- Best Premium Condo of the Year, Amenities: Kai Garden Residences, DMCI Homes
- Best Premium Condo of the Year, Trust and Reputation of Developer: Avida Towers Asten, Avida Land Corp.
- Best Luxe Condo of the Year, Customer Service: Grand Hyatt Manila Residences, Federal Land Inc.
- Best Luxe Condo of the Year, Location: Copeton Baysuites, Anchor Land Holdings Inc.
- Best Affordable House of the Year: Claremont, Filinvest Land Inc.
- Best Premium House of the Year: Portofino Alabang, Brittany Corp.
- Best Mixed-Use Development of the Year, Amenities and Location: McKinley Hill, Megaworld Corp.
- Best Mixed-Use Development of the Year, Investment Opportunity: SM Mall of Asia Complex, SM Prime Holdings Inc.
Visayas and Mindanao
- Best Developer of the Year: Megaworld Corp.
- Best Boutique Developer of the Year: King Properties Inc.
- Best Affordable Condo of the Year: Amaia Steps Mandaue, Amaia Land Corp.
- Best Premium Condo of the Year: Solinea, Alveo Land Corp.
- Best House of the Year: Casa Mira South, Cebu Landmasters Inc.
- Best Mixed-Use Development of the Year: Iloilo Business Park, Megaworld Corp.
- Best Green Project of the Year: Solana Verde, Imperial Homes Corp.
- Best Innovation Project of the Year: Miramonti Green Residences, Italpinas Development Corp.
- Personality of the Year: Jeffrey Lim, Director and President of SM Prime Holdings Inc.
Lorenzo Kyle Subido is a staff writer of Entrepreneur PH