Before the National Pasta Month (October) ends, Doña Elena Al Dente invites us to try out several unique pasta recipes. Food entrepreneurs might want to consider including these dishes into their current menu.
These sumptuous recipes are best paired with Doña Elena Olive Oil and Doña Elena Mediterranean products.
Pasta Mediterraneo highlights the distinctive taste of black olives, anchovies, and capers. Sautéed with fresh diced tomatoes with basil leaves on top of cooked Doña Elena Al Dente Spaghetti, try cooking this dish for a perfect date night.
500g Doña Elena AL DENTE Spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
3 tbsp Doña Elena pure olive oil
4 pcs garlic cloves, minced
6 pcs Doña Elena anchovy fillets, mashed
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
½ cup Doña Elena sliced black olives
3 tbsp Doña Elena capers
2 cups Doña Elena diced canned tomatoes
¼ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
To taste freshly ground black pepper
parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat the Doña Elena pure olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté the garlic until softened.
2. Add the mashed anchovy fillets, dried chilli flakes, olives and capers and let it cook for a minute.
3. Add the canned tomatoes and let the mix simmer until the sauce becomes chunky. Add the basil and simmer a few more minutes.
4. Season with pepper.
5. Toss the sauce with the spaghetti noodles.
6. Garnish the pasta with some black olives and capers on top and sprinkle with generous amount of parmesan cheese. Serve hot.