More than a thousand entrepreneurs and businesses that use e-commerce as well as cards and online payments from across the country will convene in Manila on September 2 and September 3, 2015 for Cards & Payments Philippines and the E-Commerce Show Philippines.
Also part of this anticipated IT event are up to 60 expert speakers and 40 local and international exhibitors. Among the industry leaders who were tapped as speakers are:
• Department of Trade and Industry undersecretary Prudencio M. Reyes, Jr.
• Lazada Philippines CEO Inanc Balci
• Zalora Philippines CEO Paulo Campos
• Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas deputy director Raymond Estioko
• Smart Communications co-founder Orlando Vea
• G-Xchange, Inc (a unit of Globe Telecom) president and CEO Xavier Marzan
• E-Peso chief of party John Owens
• Land Bank of the Philippines card and electronic banking group head Randy Montesa
• Rags2Riches co-founder and president Reese Fernandez-Ruiz
• Development Bank of the Philippines chief compliance officer Rafael Danilo Reynante
“With 20 years’ experience running Cards & Payments Asia and the E-Commerce Show Asia conferences in Singapore, we are excited to announce the launch of both events in Manila. The Philippines market is going through a phenomenal period of growth, and the opportunities facing the payments and e-commerce markets are vast. We are looking forward to this event becoming a key driver of growth for both these industries,” says Sharon Roessen, managing director of Terrapinn Pte Ltd, the event organizer, about their decision to launch the conference in Manila.
Cards & Payments Philippines 2015 is set to address some of the critical payment infrastructure challenges plaguing the market, taking a deeper dive into the future of digital payments, e-money, crypto-currency, cash handling, and compliance.
E-Commerce Show Philippines 2015, on the other hand, will gather top e-commerce companies so they could further learn insights from e-commerce leaders on best practices regarding customer acquisition & retention, logistical challenges, marketplace disruption, and more.
This event is also backed by several of the leading solution providers in payments and e-commerce, which include:
• SM Lifestyle and Entertainment — to showcase the revolutionary e-Plus! Tap to pay system
• Smart e-Money — to present PayMaya, the first non-bank in Asia to be awarded a Visa issuing and acquiring principal license
• Voyager Innovation — to feature Takatack, the largest online ecommerce store in the Philippines, and TackThis, which provides online entrepreneurs a storefront where they can post and showcase their product inventories
• SMK-Logomotion, Wirecard, Ziaplex and HPS, — to demonstrate their expertise and help attendees to drive their businesses forward
The two-day event will be held at the SMX Convention Center, function rooms 1 and 2 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on September 2 and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on September 3.
Photos from E-Commerce Philippines 2015 Website