Launching and operating your business may not be enough, you also need to protect it from security risks. “Securing parameters inside and outside businesses requires high-quality, dependable and reliable devices that will work, especially in…situations that require evidence,” says Marco Mondejar, general manager of Good Hand Security Products. Security devices can cost P2,500 and higher, depending on your budget, need, area size, and scope of operations, he says.
Here are some of the most common security devices and their uses:
• Security cameras: They’re installed for monitoring and recording purposes. The information that these cameras gather can serve as evidence in aid of criminal prosecution.
• GSM burglar alarm: The control panel automatically sends SMS to your cellphone when infrared and magnetic sensors are activated by incidents of potential intrusion.
• Biometrics access control: This features three types of secured locking methods, including fingerprint, password and magnetic RFID Card for better protection and for securing certain areas within the building or business location.
• GPS tracking device: A navigational device that uses GPS technology to track down vehicles. When the machine has the longitude and latitude, users can easily pinpoint the location through Google Earth for free.
• Spying gadgets: These are typically high-resolution cameras embedded into everyday or commonplace items that are then placed in strategic areas. These devices are best for undercover assignments, evidence collection, hidden investigations and surveillance monitoring.
• Fire alarm system: This is designed to detect the unwanted presence of fire and smoke by monitoring environmental changes associated with combustion.