Have you ever dreamt of putting up a meat processing business? Though it seems you\\\'ll need a hefty amount of money to invest in one, you can actually launch it as a home-based business.
Rosa Foods, a meat processing company based in Kalibo, Aklan, began as a backyard business, starting out with only 5kg of meat, but now has an HACCP-accredited factory that processes around 300kg of meat every day.
Why not start your own meat-processing venture now, using this recipe to help you get started in your own business. You\\\'ll only need around P500 to buy the ingredients and the packaging materials.
- 1 kg Lean Chicken meat, ground finely
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Curing salt
- 1 teaspoon Phosphate
- 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C powder
- 1/4 cup Chilled water
- 1/4 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 tablespoon Isolate
- 1/2 teaspoon Carageenan
- 3/4 cup White sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Anisado wine
- 2 tablespoons Pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Meat enhancer
- 1 teaspoon BF Blend
- 1 teaspoon Powdered flavor mix
Most of the ingredients are available in public markets and supermarkets. Other ingredients such as those for the extenders and curing mix are available in Divisoria and at Ultima Entrepinoy.