An everyday necessity for personal hygiene, making shampoo is, in no doubt, a promising business venture -- you can tap a huge market without spending too much on capital.
Here is a step-by-step process on making shampoo with conditioner that you can do at home. Remember to be careful with chemicals by labeling them properly and by using gloves and face masks.
Materials (good for 1 liter of shampoo)
- 130 grams of surfactant
- 793 grams of de-ionized water
- 1 gram of FD&C dye (as colorant)
- 4 grams of stabilizer
- 5 grams of PQ-7 (as conditioner)
- 1 gram of M-50 (as preservative)
- 40 grams of CDS (as foam booster)
- 8 grams of PK771 (as pearlizer)
- 1 gram of TDTA (as chelating agent)
- 13 grams of SHQ-60 (as moisturizer)
- 4 grams of fragrance
- 5 grams of industrial salt