Now that you\\\'ve gotten funding for your great business idea, the next step is to deal with the legal papers. Are you launching a business by yourself or with partners? Sometimes its easier to let a business grow when you can leverage not only your contacts and resources but your partners as well.
Below are the basic requirements for Business Partnership registration:
Government agency – Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Name Verification Slip
- Articles of Partnership
- Affidavit of a partner undertaking to change partnership name (not required if Articles of Partnership has provision on this commitment)
- Endorsement/clearance from other government agencies, if applicable
- For partnership with foreign partner
- SEC Form No. F-105
- Bank certificate on the capital contribution of the partners
- For foreign partners who want to register their investments with the BSP: Proof of remittance
If it is a limited partnership, the word “Limited” or “Ltd” should be added to the partnership name. Articles of Partnership of limited partnerships should be under oath only (Jurat) and not acknowledged before a notary public.
To download the complete steps to the SEC registration process, click here.