Any person, whether natural or juridical, required under the authority of the Internal Revenue Code to make, render or file a return, statement or other documents, shall be supplied with or assigned a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to be indicated in the return, statement or document to be filed with the Bureau of Internal Revenue, for his proper identification for tax purposes (Sec. 236 (j) of the Tax Code).
FOR SELF-EMPLOYED AND MIXED INCOME INDIVIDUALS
BIR Form 1901
- Birth certificate or any valid identification showing name, address and birth date
- Mayor’s permit or application for Mayor’s Permit (when applicable)
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Certificate of Registration of Business Name (to be submitted prior to the issuance of the BIR Certificate of Registration (COR)
- Accomplish BIR Form 1901 and submit the same, together with the required attachments, to the Revenue District Office having jurisdiction over the registered address of the business establishment.
- Pay the annual registration fee (P 500.00) at the authorized agent banks of the RDO.
- Pay P 15.00 for the certification fee and P15.00 for the documentary stamp tax (in loose form to be attached to Form 2303).
- The RDO shall issue the Certificate of Registration (Form 2303).
Before the commencement of your business operation.